LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
wraithful
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:57 pm
http://decipher.fanhq.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ID=1263. Crying or Very sad
elf lvr
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 3:59 pm
My computer messes up when it tires to look at D’s site. Could someone fill me in on what that article says?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
wraithful
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:02 pm
Lord of the Rings TCG Ending Long Run

22 May 2007

(Norfolk, VA—May 22, 2007) —Decipher Inc., New Line Cinema and The Saul Zaentz Company jointly announced today that The Lord of the Rings™ Trading Card Game will come to a close with shipment of the last expansion set, "Treachery & Deceit" and a final Limited Edition collector’s, all-foil product called, "Ages End," which is designed to complete the game and celebrate many years of wonderful gaming. Everyone involved in the development and production of the game wishes to thank the player community for their enthusiastic support for the past five years. Decipher’s online digital version of The Lord of the Rings™ Trading Card Game, will continue to operate on the servers for at least three years.

The last regular expansion set in the game will be "Treachery & Deceit," a boosters-only expansion with 140 cards (60 rare, 40 uncommon, 40 common cards) including an 18-card "Masterwork" foil subset (1:8 average pack distribution) and 9-card "Legendary Masterwork" foil subset (1:63 average pack distribution). The regular foil inserts are distributed 1:7 packs on average. In this expansion set, Gollum and Gríma come storming back into the game to reveal the depths of their evil with new strategies as well as cards that strengthen older strategies. This set will continue to promote The Hunter block mechanics of Site Control, Threats, and The Hunter keyword. Some key game play features of the set are: Evil Men minions who do not roam and are stronger earlier in the game; new Gondor followers; Gothmog, his warg, and Grond; more site control and threat tricks for all minion cultures; plus seven new and exciting sites.

In a celebration of the players of this wonderful game, New Line Cinema and The Saul Zaentz Company have authorized a special commemorative Limited Edition, all-foil, 40-rare-card-exclusive set called, "Ages End." "Age’s End" touches on some of the wonders of the game’s past while offering exciting new game play. This includes a series of cards that allow players to experience the excitement of getting the fellowship together for the first time. Gameplay features of "Ages End" include a new Fellowship keyword which ties the original nine walkers together, exciting new conditions that pass among companions - giving each an advantage, the ability to re-live the dichotomy of Gollum and Sméagol, the return of the Watcher in the Water and his tentacles, Gríma and Saruman’s magical boost to many different minions, and a gala of cards including: The Balrog, Legolas, Nazgûl, Sauron, Boromir, and Aragorn. All four of the fellowship Hobbits are also present, as is Rabbit Stew.

"Ages End" includes two special Troll cards with images created by Weta Workshop specifically for the trading card game. Warren Holland, Decipher’s CEO said, "We are very proud of our players. ’Ages End’ was designed to honor them with an appropriate ending to the game in celebration of the sacred place this property and game have in the hearts of fans. It has been our pleasure to create a game based upon this remarkable work of fiction and an amazing trio of films. The Weta Workshop images in ’Ages End’ are images of Cave Trolls which never appeared in the films, but look like they jumped right off the screen."

Decipher’s online digital version of the game will honor players with a special, one-time only commemorative package that consists of every card from each of the following sets (333 cards total): the Wraith Collection, Rise of Saruman, Treachery and Deceit, and Ages End for $25. As an added gesture of appreciation, Fellowship Members who have been members for at least six months and purchase this special commemorative package will receive a full parallel foil set (one of each card of the commemorative package) as well.

The Online commemorative package will be available for sale in early June 2007 through the end of the month. Thereafter, all sales of digital cards will end with the servers running for a minimum of three years. In July, Decipher will host a final tournament, free to all current players, to go out with a party. The top five finishers in that tournament will each receive a digital playset (4 of each card) of every The Lord of the Rings™ Online TCG card ever made. Check the site and message boards at lotronline.decipher.com for details as they become available.

# # #
corvus
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:07 pm
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
And the Story ends...
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
elf lvr
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:09 pm
That’s sad. Crying or Very sad

But not unnexpected. I kinda figured this was gonna happen.

Oh well, I’ll keep playing for a good long while.

I really want Age’s End!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
wraithful
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:15 pm
I assume age’s end will be sold exclusively through decipher, since it’s a limited edition set. wonder how much it will cost?
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:15 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Age’s End looks to be awesome...I really wanna see this "Fellowship" keyword!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Foresight
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:25 pm
Sad news...here’s to a great game, that I’ll continue to play for some years to come! Cheers
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:31 pm
Oh well, at least now we don’t have any false hope to keep our spirits soaring......how much does a magic starter deck cost? Wink
elf lvr
Posted: Tue May 22, 2007 4:33 pm
Geez, FM is going to be ecstatic... Rolling Eyes
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion