LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
gil-estel
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:01 am
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
The Irresistible Shadow or the Beckoning Shadow...instant corruption? Insane! It is rather negative I know, but if we talk about underrated...brrrrr.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 12:23 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
bobtheorc wrote:
You would only need to run 1 of those to negate the threat of IB i think...that would be annoying.
Also annoying is Ships of Great Draught. splash that in and all IB needed threats go away.

thats the problem with your IB deck, either you pwn us or I run corsairs and pwn you.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Dravius
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:18 pm
Legolas, Fearless Marksman is underrated IMO. He can unclog your hand and deal as much damage as Greenleaf can. With cards like Lembas or any other reconcile elven cards (there are 2 oe 3) he can be a usefeul pick for a Double Move.

And sometimes it’s nice to loose initiative (Glimpse of Fate, A Light in His Mind).
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:01 pm
Legolas, Feared Marksman can only deal out two wounds if you’re willing to sacrifice eight cards. So basically for the sake of two woulds, you play nothing in your fellowship phase to ensure you have eight cards to discard. Not very worthwhile at all in my opinion. Greenleaf beats him by a long shot.
Dravius
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 8:00 am
I’m not saying one is better than the other, I’m just saying this guy is underrated.

You can also play him in a Gondor/Elven archery and play Hardy Garrison, then play the cards you want on the Fellowship phase, use his ability in the archery once to get 2 wouns on anything you want, plus you get a -4 strenght on a minion with Glimpse of Fate. and he still fires in the archery, meaning 3 wounds, 4 if you use his ability twice, and you didn’t even exert the guy once, how can that be bad?

What I meant was, in the proper deck, this guy ca be as good as greenleaf (in the way that Greenleaf wouldn’t be as helpfull in that particular deck), he’s legal in standard tournements, and you don’t need to exert the guy. Plus he can trigger the effects by loosing initiative, and cycles through your hand, so he’s very versatile, more than some other Legolas, and that makes him underrated.
LeoKula
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:28 am
I think Haethen, Veteran Fighter is totally underrated! This guy is a freakin monster, specially in expanded with heavy chain.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 10:30 am
I include Haethen in my Rohan deck. He’s a very valuable addition, and I agree that he is under-rated.

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:38 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Definitely. his exerting ability is nothing bad, and his second rocks! add in a cool pic Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 6:35 am
I think the board is set is under rated. Maybe not most underated but countering a card such as final triumph, violent hurl, undisciplined, ninja gollum events etc.. I could go on.... is freakin awesome.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Thu May 31, 2007 9:49 am
Um...its useless? Come one, Gandalf loves adding twilight in the maneuver or skirmish. Add The Board is Set, cancel an event, whoops! We left a buch of twilight with Deep In Thought, Pallando, Alatar, Radagast, Roll of Thunder, and Down from the Hills! Not to mention a bunch of other cards. Try again, oops, canceled again. WHERE’D THEY GET 40?!?!?!

The answer, your deck.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion