LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 9:18 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
Quote:
0 Jolly Bombadillo Shire
Event • Fellowship or Regroup
Exert Tom Bombadil twice to discard all Shadow conditions.
"’Out of the window-panes light will twinkle yellow / Fear no alder black! Heed no hoary willow!’"

Yikes, mass Shadow condition removal. Maybe it should discard all conditions, or just 2 Shadow conditions.

Not really...isn’t it just like a version of Sleep, Caradhras?

No - Sleep Caradhras drops every condition, while Jolly Bombadillo drops only Shadow conditions.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 10:36 pm
^it’s more like a Deep in Thought.
menace64
Posted: Tue Apr 25, 2006 11:33 pm
My only justification for Jolly was that it needed Tom out and healthy (when his primary use is exerting tons). It isn’t like Gandalf in that you can build tons of decks with Gandalf and even just splash him. Using Tom takes work, and this is one of the only cards that work with him.
menace64
Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:01 am
1 Numenorian Siege Gondor
Event • Response
If a Gondor Man just won a skirmish, discard a Gondor possession borne by him or her to discard a Shadow condition.
"But Sauron of Mordor assailed them, and they made the Last Alliance of Elves and Men, and the hosts of Gil-galad and Elendil were mustered..."

1 Open the Gate! Gondor
Event • Regroup
Exert a Gondor knight and spot 2 fortifications to play a Gondor possession on him from your discard pile.
"...the Great Gate of the Men of Gondor at the rising of the sun, and its iron doors rolled back before them."

0 Particularly Good Shire
Event • Fellowship
Exert a Hobbit and spot a Gandalf companion to heal a Dwarf or an Elf twice.
"’We are sitting on a field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts’"

Sorry, that’s all I have energy for. They probably suck, too... I’m wiped out.
menace64
Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 1:02 am
Holy crap...

Check out the lores on the cards highlighted in the lores of my first two cards there in my newest batch. Wow. Talk about being on the same page...
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:48 am
menace64 wrote:
1 Numenorian Siege Gondor
Event • Response
If a Gondor Man just won a skirmish, discard a Gondor possession borne by him or her to discard a Shadow condition.
"But Sauron of Mordor assailed them, and they made the Last Alliance of Elves and Men, and the hosts of Gil-galad and Elendil were mustered..."

No, no! Gondor shouldn’t have condition removal.
Quote:
1 Open the Gate! Gondor
Event • Regroup
Exert a Gondor knight and spot 2 fortifications to play a Gondor possession on him from your discard pile.
"...the Great Gate of the Men of Gondor at the rising of the sun, and its iron doors rolled back before them."

Cool.
Quote:
0 Particularly Good Shire
Event • Fellowship
Exert a Hobbit and spot a Gandalf companion to heal a Dwarf or an Elf twice.
"’We are sitting on a field of victory, enjoying a few well-earned comforts’"

Neat.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
menace64
Posted: Wed Apr 26, 2006 4:37 pm
I always like making Gondor condition removal cards.

Maybe because it’s my dream to have them. Wink
menace64
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:00 am
1 Quarry Uruk-hai
Condition
Resistance -1
To play, exert an Uruk-hai minion. Bearer must be an unbound Hobbit. Limit 1 per bearer.
If bearer is skirmishing an Uruk-hai Uruk-hai, you may exert that Uruk-hai to discard bearer.
"’One of the halflings carries something of great value.’"

0 Ramparts Cast Down Orc
Event • Skirmish
Remove 2 Orc tokens and spot an Orc minion to discard a Free Peoples support area condition.
"There was a flash of seering lightning, and the doors tumbled in riven fragments to the ground."

0 Slimy Morsel Gollum
Shadow Condition • Support Area
Response: If Gollum is wounded, remove a threat to heal him. Discard this condition.
Shadow: Discard this condition to heal Gollum.
"’No birds here. There are snakeses, wormses, things in pools. Lots of things, lots of nasty things.’"

1 Tormenting Control Wraith
Event • Skirmish
Spot a Nazgul and a minion of another culture. Exhaust that minion to make that Nazgul strength +2 for each exertion token placed.
"’He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured...’"
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Apr 27, 2006 7:07 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
menace64 wrote:

Event • Skirmish
Spot a Nazgul and a minion of another culture. Exhaust that minion to make that Nazgul strength +2 for each exertion token placed.
"’He will bear thee away to the houses of lamentation, beyond all darkness, where thy flesh shall be devoured...’"

Ooh...I’d love to see that one comboed with Sauron or Shelob!
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu May 11, 2006 8:33 pm
Quote:
1 Quarry Uruk-hai
Condition
Resistance -1
To play, exert an Uruk-hai minion. Bearer must be an unbound Hobbit. Limit 1 per bearer.
If bearer is skirmishing an Uruk-hai Uruk-hai, you may exert that Uruk-hai to discard bearer.
"’One of the halflings carries something of great value.’"

I think the last part might need a phase action (in this case, skirmish).
Quote:
0 Ramparts Cast Down Orc
Event • Skirmish
Remove 2 Orc tokens and spot an Orc minion to discard a Free Peoples support area condition.
"There was a flash of seering lightning, and the doors tumbled in riven fragments to the ground."

Nice.
Quote:
0 Slimy Morsel Gollum
Shadow Condition • Support Area
Response: If Gollum is wounded, remove a threat to heal him. Discard this condition.
Shadow: Discard this condition to heal Gollum.
"’No birds here. There are snakeses, wormses, things in pools. Lots of things, lots of nasty things.’"

I believe that ’wounded’ is when you already are wounded (e.g. Make a wounded character strength +2). ’Takes a wound’ is what you need (or you need to change the phase).
Quote:
Event • Skirmish

Awesome!
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards