LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End
Turin06
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 12:24 pm
I agree with CG.
Between the conception
And the creation
Between the emotion
And the response
Falls the Shadow
Shadows
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 4:17 pm
funny isn’t it...

Treachery and Deceit is waaay overpowered, and then large portions of this set fall way short of being playable at all.

Decipher can’t seem to get it right...

whatever the reason for that,it’s a shame that such a great game has had such a messy ending, what with the Hunters delay, the RoS misprints, TaD brokeness and Ages End slight lack of power

...though maybe these Ages End cards wouldn’t be so bad if they weren’t ineveitably being compared to what we’ve just seen in Treachery and Deceit...

/random brain ramblings.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 6:51 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
yeah I think Cg brings up some good points.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:20 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
It seems to have been made in like 2 hours so that Decipher can squeeze a bit more cash from people before they lose the license. Sad

- AC

I’m actually going to agree with the first part of that. But I think it was made in two hours because D had a ravenous horde of spoiler-seeking players at its gates, and THEY WANTED BLOOD.

No, seriously. One of the things that ticks me off is how everyone was screaming for so many spoilers. Why do you think RoS was so error-ridden? Why was T&D a less-than-awesome set? Did you really expect anything when you were shouting for spoilers? Ask, and ye shall receive.

Note that there actually weren’t tons of people asking for spoilers (or even screaming for spoilers like you say). There were some that were asking for them, but don’t say that "everyone was screaming for spoilers".

Here’s another thing: Decipher’s license for LOTR was already going to expire in late June, so if they hadn’t made the sets so fast then they wouldn’t have already been released. They were definitely already trying to push really fast and release as many sets as possible while they still could. And really, with only like 1 designer and almost no playtesters, how are the sets going to work out anyways?

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
FortunesRazor
Posted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 9:59 pm
This probably was quickly designed. I just am having trouble with the whole fellowship keyword and not having very many cards to work with it.

They made a whole bunch of new companions because people like companions and then a bunch of cards that you need four of so we’d have to buy four sets.

I think the fellowship guys needed to work together better or have thier own niche that each one did something good.

But you get Leg and Eomer and Frodo as reprints-ish, Boromir that is for a new deck type with hobbits.

Aragorn that is almost for duo decks.

A splash Gandalf.

Gimli for Dwarf decks.

The rest of the hobbits work more toward hobbit decks.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG: Age's End