LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
BattleWarg
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 6:55 pm
Honestly, I think the problem is the combination, not either card alone.

I think it makes perfect sense for Hobbit decks to be able to remove burdens that quickly. The problem is that that ability allows them to use the ring to become a fighting force.

Each culture has things they’re strong against - Shire should be corruption.
Each culture has things they’re weak against - Shire should be fairly weak fighters.

The ring in this deck allows them to use their strong point to remove their weak point.

To compare, Gondor is good with skirmishes, but bad with condition removal. Imagine a ring that gives the Ring-bearer the ability to discard a condition each time he wins a skirmish (or, better yet, each time a minion skirmishing him loses a skirmish).
It might not be too bad, and in fact may be almost as good with a Shire Ring-bearer (especcially Sam, Great Elf Warrior to get higher strength for less cost).
Our time here is ending...

What did you want to see before the end?
It will be made in the Request-a-card Set #1 (name ideas also welcome Smile).
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:00 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Well...I still don’t think Shire should be able to remove burdens as well as they do with this combo. They already have Bilbo + Daddy Twofoot + No Visitors, plus Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence and assorted other cards. R-list Home and Hearth, and they can still take down burdens.

But honestly, look at it this way. It is a combination of the two cards. So, either restrict one or restrict both. If you restrict both, it does the same thing as restricting one, being that it’s a combination. So, you can either ban The Great Ring or R-list Home and Hearth. If you do the former, you’ve just smashed down a variety of potential new decks. If you do the latter, you’ve just "crippled" an already highly powerful deck. Which one is a better option? Obviously, don’t kill more decks in favor of one.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 10:29 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
IMHO the great ring should go. What other decktypes will be crippled without it?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:38 pm
A lot of decks have gotten along fine without it...Rolling Eyes
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 1:48 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
sickofpalantirs wrote:
IMHO the great ring should go. What other decktypes will be crippled without it?

New ones.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
manu-fan
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:31 pm
Having played the deck online a couple of times, I really don’t think it’s broken. Yes - it does very well against any sort of burdening strategy and Frodo can pump himself easily when needed. However, it has trouble double moving and I think quite a few things can hurt it. A nicely timed (or re-played) Cavern Entrance with a swarm would finish it off pretty quick.

Oh BTW: It does excellently against Archery also. Pippin and Merry soak up the archery and then clear them off when they return to hand Smile

Cheers.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 4:46 pm
Hobbits aren’t broken, they’re easy to kill. Just discard their conditions, and wound them to pieces. Probbum sowved. Mr. Green
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Foresight
Posted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:26 pm
I’d like to see you try with hobbits using Scouring of the Shire and Bill the Pony, Dearly-loved to keep those Shire tokens on the Scouring under control. Not so easy to kill then, huh? Wink
In his eyes was the look of a hunted beast seeking some gap in the ring of his enemies. Men
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue Jun 12, 2007 4:11 pm
Oh. dagnabbit. I forgot that card.

Ban the Hobbits, people!
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:42 am
And dont forget Prized Lagan. Hobbits are just sickening atm.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion