LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
LCJK
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 6:51 pm
didnt sound like preaching to me - just pointing out something a LOT of cobracards members dont seem to realise - that they’re not the only players in the world
-LCJK
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:00 pm
hawkeyespf wrote:
There is a whole world of players outside of CC who also happen to care about the future of LotR, and not just so that they’ll have something to play, but so that everyone will, including eventual new players.

Understandable. But currently, I believe that CobraCards is the largest Lord of the Rings TCG Forum on the web. Correct me if I’m wrong. So, because its the largest community, its a logical choice for a player seat (as the internet is virtually the only way to bring LotR players together). Not saying that all the Council members have to be the big-wigs of CobraCards. But I think that CC is the largest community, and should be the seat, thus, people forming a player’s council should come here.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
hawkeyespf
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 7:40 pm
I’m obviously NOT talking about Decipher here. I’m talking about the individual player(s) who are speaking with Decipher and New Line about the formation and support of a PC. They are the ones who care about the future of the game for everyone. Decipher did indeed show a long time ago that they had given up, and I’m as aware of that as you or anybody else.

Decipher’s Sanctioned Tournament System has ALWAYS been based on and built around the Standard Format, which Decipher long supported to the utmost, banning cards when necessary and otherwise taking action to ensure a positive playing environment (though I fully recognize that they missed many overpowered cards). The LotR PC that these long-time and top-level players intend to create will follow where Decipher meant to lead us, fixing problems along the way in order to maximize both enjoyment and longevity of this game that so many of us love.

I do believe that there should be a voice in the PC that is there to do the same for Expanded/Open/Movie Block/etc formats that the main voices are meant to do for Standard Format. That voice will undoubtedly come from the CC forums, as many of you here insist there is no better format, and some of you are mature enough to handle those responsibilities as will be required of that person.

Saying that the LotR PC should come here, to the CC forums, a for-profit organization, is going to turn off (to say the least) a lot of possible sponsors. Nothing against Conor or CobraCards, but there are other online suppliers out there (though none better at singles for sure) that I’m sure the PC would like to have a business relationship with, and I’m sure that hosting the PC and/or its forums here would likely sour that possibility. As a side note to this particular point, is it that hard to throw one more URL in your favorites once the LotR PC site is established, and then visit those forums? Just asking...
bobtheorc
Posted: Wed Jun 13, 2007 8:13 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
I couldn’t agree more with hawkeyespf.

Cobracards is first and foremost a RETAILER!! not just a community.
And trust me there are TONS!! of LOTR TCG retailers out there, having one be the "seat of power" is a veryyy bad idea.

I am all for a separate PC site and forums being made that would have nothing to do with CC.

I personally don’t think that many of CC’s members would make could PC council material, I don’t see many world class players here (there are some, but the majority seem to be casual players, not Pro-players)
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 10:04 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I totally agree with Hakweye(curd now I am a traitor) and BtO. NB stop thinking you are supreme and everything and that because CC has you it deserves to have the players council (JK Wink)
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:54 pm
Not because it has me, but because it has the largest community around. Or go for a completely new forum.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 14, 2007 1:56 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
NBarden wrote:
Not because it has me, but because it has the largest community around. Or go for a completely new forum.

first things first because we have had disagreements in the past, I was kidding. now that we have clarified that. CC has what 20-30 ACTIVE members? maybe more on good days. but NOT a lot. There are THOUSANDS of people who play LOTR. CC is just a very small slice.
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Celebrimbor
Posted: Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:30 pm
CC is the way to go for LOTR forums, since Decipher’s has almost completely died out, and I don’t think there are any other functioning similar forums on the web.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 16, 2007 9:47 am
but it would be easy to make one specifically for a player’s council.
"DáinIronfoot"
LunaticFringe
Posted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 9:45 pm
I think it can be said that a lot of good has come from the SW players committee since it’s replacement of Decipher as the global authority on the game. However, a review of it’s history can show that a lot of bad has taken place as well. Many of the early virtual cards were errataed and replaced more heavily than their original cardboard representations, which speaks to much of the same trouble Decipher themselves have had on the most recent LOTR sets.

The SW committee doesn’t have anywhere near the playtest resources as D used to have back when that game was in full swing, or even with LOTR just a year or so ago. So it’s important for all concerned that the infrastructure be put in place from the start for development of the game from a play standpoint, as opposed to the naming of names and the acceptance of titles for who’s going to do what.

Pure public opinion doesn’t work when it comes to the moderation of a game. This forum, and Decipher’s, is perfect example of that. But whether or not a person used to be a world champion isn’t always the best measure as to their intention, or their ability to set aside ego for the good of all. We can go right on back to SW for examples of that.

And lastly, the SWCCGPC for the majority of it’s existance was hosted and supported directly by a single private distributor of multiple card games, not just SWCCG. Take that fact as you will.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion