LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
hblika
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 5:08 pm
LunaticFringe wrote:
Home and Hearth might give some aid for the issue with burdens, considering you've got three hobbits to play during the course of the game. They're free, so they aid your choke, and are non-unique. But I think your burden removal is fairly strong as it is, given the amount that you're self-inflicting. Frodo Gamgee might fit as well using that strategy, if only to put into play and drop a couple burdens off deployed H&H's.

I'm not sure H&H will help much. For the H&H's to work, I would need to keep Bilbo in hand, so I could play the H&H's first. Also, I'm pretty sure followers don't count as Hobbits. I don't think followers has a race I can spot. I might try the Pippin engine though. A 2-3 H&H, 3-4 copies of Pippin, HoSI for some massive burden removal. Not sure what I would remove from the current build to make room for those cards though.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
LunaticFringe
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 10:56 am
"Also, I'm pretty sure followers don't count as Hobbits. I don't think followers has a race I can spot. "

Unfortunately, you're right. Serves me right for not having my morning coffee before posting. Wink

At the same time, however, "Hobbit of Some Intelligence" will die the instant the fellowship moves with the Smeagol ring-bearer. Make Haste is invalidated as he can't survive to the manuver phase. Sad
hblika
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 11:40 am
LunaticFringe wrote:

At the same time, however, "Hobbit of Some Intelligence" will die the instant the fellowship moves with the Smeagol ring-bearer. Make Haste is invalidated as he can't survive to the manuver phase. Sad

That is true, but I would only use HoSI to remove burdens. I wouldn't be using him for anything else, so it desn't matter that he is discarded when the fellowship moves. Smile
LunaticFringe
Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:34 pm
"I wouldn't be using him for anything else, so it desn't matter that he is discarded when the fellowship moves."

Even still, with Pippin going to the dead pile, you can only get one use of him in there.

There's gotta be a solution to this somewhere in the binder.
hblika
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 2:11 am
LunaticFringe wrote:
"I wouldn't be using him for anything else, so it desn't matter that he is discarded when the fellowship moves."

Even still, with Pippin going to the dead pile, you can only get one use of him in there.

There's gotta be a solution to this somewhere in the binder.

You are so right. Didn't think of that Razz I somehow thought Smeagol's text only discarded a companion. Oh well, back to the drawing board...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded