LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Beyo
Posted: Thu Mar 16, 2006 8:35 am
Ring-bearer
9R+33 Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms (foil)
11R1 The One Ring, The Ring of Rings (foil)

Starting Fellowship

8C39 Knight of Dol Amroth
7R85 Denethor, Steward of the City

Adventure Deck
11U227 Anduin Banks
11S234 Crags of Emyn Muil
11S241 Fortress of Orthanc
11S232 Cavern Entrance
11S237 Ettenmoors
11S249 Neekerbreekers’ Bog
11S265 Window on the West
13U187 City of Kings
11S260 Trollshaw Forest

Free Peoples (34 cards)

8C39 Knight of Dol Amroth
7R85 Denethor, Steward of the City
5R31 Alcarin, Warrior of Lamedon
7C81 Aragorn, Captain of Gondor x2
8C34 Faramir, Defender of Osgiliath x2
8R37 Imrahil, Prince of Dol Amroth
8R36 Garrison of Gondor
3R41 Gondor Bowmen x4
7U94 Gondor Bow x2
4R118 Faramir’s Bow
1R90 Aragorn’s Bow
4C134 Sword of Gondor x2
5C32 Citadel of the Stars x3
8C35 Fourth Level x3
8U44 Sixth Level
5R39 Stone Tower
5C33 City Wall x3
5C43 War Must Be x4

Shadow (34 cards)
7R206 Stronghold of Minas Morgul x2
7R314 Stronghold of Cirith Ungol x2
8U71 Flung Into the Fray x2
5U110 Teeth of Mordor x2
10R59 Gorbag, Covetous Captain x2
10R60 Gorbag’s Sword x2
10R99 Shagrat, Captain of Cirith Ungol
10C66 Ten Times Outnumbered x4
10C76 Advance Marauder x2
10C85 Flames Within
7U187 Morgul Brawler (foil) x3
7C193 Morgul Lackey x3
7C186 Morgul Axe x3
3R99 Orc Trooper x4
6R106 Troll of Udûn

As you may see Light Side is modified Gondor Knights focsed on archery but thanks to fortifications Gondorians can still win skirmishes.
Key strategy is to play as soon as possible Faramir Aragorn and Garrison Of Gondor and then let Denethor die because his special ability is deadly to ring-bearer. Main weaknes is relatively low resistanse of Isidlur but..who cares:P

Shadow side is rather fun deck focused on two strongholds...Play them as soon as you can and try to win skirmishes by orcs. Sauron minions in this deck are chosen because ther ability of gaining strenght without skirmish events. On the contrary..Nazgul orcs benefit from exhausted ringbearer and Gorbag with some other orc can finish the job thanks to brilliant Ten Times Outnumbered...after attack it can stack on Flung into the Fray. The same with Red orcs..Theeth of Mordor is used for stacking however it can be hard to set because there is little chance for 3 twilight to stay on table to the regroup phase.

I think this deck has some climat inside so feel free to try it.
Time in the universe may be eternal..our patience is not
Gagnut
Posted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:02 pm
Yeah you definatly have a lot of archery, but it is my personal opinion that there shouldent be more than one Aragorn and Faramir. For the bad guys alot of Nazgul Orcs is a good strategy.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:00 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Gagnut wrote:
Yeah you definatly have a lot of archery, but it is my personal opinion that there shouldent be more than one Aragorn and Faramir. For the bad guys alot of Nazgul Orcs is a good strategy.

I think I agree with Gagnut after all it is a small deck looks remarkable like my knight deck(except it doesn’t have 12 or 13 possesions i’ll post mine sometime)
Beyo
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 5:33 am
I didn’t know about your deck looks the same...this FP side i developed for my local tournaments and it works quite fine...Smile
AdultLink
Posted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 8:01 am
I don’t think you should have less copies of Aragorn and Faramir, but I do think Denethor is useless, and I would replace the Knight in your startinge fellowship and add in Ingold and Alcarin to start. Add in one or two more sixth level and Ingold’s usefulness is masterful.

For the shadow, the idea is interesting. Again, I think one culture of minions might help better. If you like Nazgul orcs, want to hear the best thing you could possibly pair with them? Gollum, Dark as Darkness. He can exert twice during the SHADOW phase to exert the ring-bearer. Play him a couple times (with Captured by the ring), and you can exhuast the ringbearer (which makes orcs much stronger) and the threats you add with Captured by the Ring can be used with the condition Swarming Like Beetles. If you can get a copy of Gollum, give it a try!!
Haves/Wants
Beyo
Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 8:37 am
Thanks for advice.
I designed shadow site exactly for 2 cultures cooperating with each other for some fun. I have a lot difficulties to construct Morc deck and unfortunately i do not have this version of Gollum.

For FP Side..Denethor is very usefull no matter what you say.With Strong and Old you are able to set up Knights for -2 and fortifications often for free. I dont afraid building large fellowships so as I said Denethor in such configuration works fine and only danger is threat adding decks.
donimator
Posted: Thu May 04, 2006 2:35 pm
You could start Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith instead. Knights are more expensive, but he would let you draw what you need at site 3. His threat/burden adding really makes him a liability with a lower resistance RB or limited burden removal.

Some other suggestions might be to do away with Faramir’s Bow and just add another Gondor Bow. As roaming minions disappear, it might be better to match Faramir up with a small minion he can wound twice (or three times if he also has a sword).

Another good match might be to swap for some First Level (transfer in maneuver phase) and add Turgon, Man of Belfalas (wound minion in maneuver if bearing fortification). Rally Point is also a good condition for recycling some fortifications.
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Man, we screwed up!"

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded