LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:08 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Dude, you can’t be serious! Shocked
That guy was no good even back then, unless you totally lacked another play. Here, the guys either went with the rare Pippin, or played none at all. Maybe in a Draft...? Think
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:12 pm
Aragorn, Heir to the White City
Gandalf, Friend of the Shirefolk
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:19 pm
The first was X-ed (and the rare Pippin was still better, as you usually paired it with archery so you burdened to go first, then again to play The Prancing Pony), and the latter didn’t need Pippin at all, since the only possible R-b was Frodo anyway, and he’s already a hobbit.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:31 pm
Pippin, Friend to Frodo pwnt both Pippins anyway.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 4:47 pm
Granted, no one can argue that it’s the one Pippin that when you play, it’ll ALWAYS make your opponent’s go "what the...?!?" Laughing
I don't like YOU.
corvus
Posted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 11:22 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
As Merrick_Hale said, back when you packed 4 Aragorns/Gandalfs (and actually 4 Gandalfs and twice the event that gets him) Pip was a most welcome guy to reduce twilight, soak archery and then die.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Sun Jul 22, 2007 7:30 am
corvus wrote:
Back when you packed 4 Aragorns/Gandalfs (and actually 4 Gandalfs and twice the event that gets him) Pip was a most welcome guy to reduce twilight, soak archery and then die.
Plus he was a great for throwing a frying pan on and killing a few orcs before giving up the ghost. Since he is a hobbit, he can also use cards like Hobbit stealth, hobbit intuition and There and Back again to stick around for a while if you need him to. In fellowship block, this Pippin was amazing as companions were a lot more expendable than they have become. Everybody was so afraid of Ulaire Enquea that they didn’t play 6 companions so you pack in a few expendable companions for the early game and let them die later. Pippin served as great twilight choke and a companion to serve as a speedbump while the rest of the fellowship was getting tanked. 4 vitality with twilight reduction and the ability (with other cards frequently found in Fellowship block decks) to cancel skirmishes for 1 twilight cost was a very useful card.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions