LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
thonnas7
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:54 pm
We had a question pop up recently with a deck. The deck has Boromir, Bearer of Council as the ring-bearer. The person playing the deck would place Armor on Boromir and would assign Boromir to a skirmish and then place only one wound on the companion.

We had a huge discussion [all of us] and couldn’t decide on a verdict on whether this was correct, so we figured we’d post it here. Here are the two texts:

Boromir, Bearer of Council:

Code:
While Boromir is the ring-bearer, at the start of each skirmish involving him, add 3 burdens or wound him twice.

Armor:

Code:
Bearer takes no more than 1 wound during each skirmish phase.

So, does Armor allow Boromir to wound himself twice but only receive one wound token, or does it make Boromir add 3 burdens? Thanks in advance.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:01 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Whew, tricky one, because Armor doesn’t use the word "prevent". However...

I believe that you should interpret Armor as "Prevent all wounds to bearer during a skirmish after the first wound." Ergo, because the second wound for Boromir is prevented, you cannot choose to wound him twice, so you must add 3 burdens.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:01 pm
It makes you take the 3 burdens.

When faced with two options you perform the one that you can most fully perform.

From the Comprehensive Rules 4.0
"If the effect of a card or special ability requires you to choose one of two different actions, you must choose an action that you are fully capable of performing (if possible)."

Since Armor prevents Boromir from taking more than one wound in a skirmish phase, you must add the three burdens.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:02 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Simul with M_H.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
thonnas7
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 8:29 pm
Alright. Thanks guys.

Just made my life a lot easier. =)
Ye Ol' Corruption Kid
Posted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 11:28 pm
But not mine.... lol
-It's like eating a bowl of Draino, sure it cleans you out. But, it leaves you hollow inside. -Leslie Nielson-
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:13 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
There was an article on D about this called Boromir doesn’t like armor. It had a deck using Coat of Mail and he explained armor hurts boromir.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:29 pm
Boromir Doesn’t Like Armor
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions