LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 12:52 am
Here’s a question that will make a lot of sense soon if you are following mm’s Great DC Contest, but will seem totally theoretical and out of place if you don’t.

Say I have an old Merry (with resistance 6) with a hobbit sword on him. Then, I had a card that switched his strength and resistance values. How would that work? Would he then have strength 6 and resistance 5 by applying the bonus of the hobbit sword before switching the values, or would you apply the strength bonus from the hobbit sword afterwards giving him strength 8 and resistance 5, or would the strength bonus not apply before and only apply after the values have been switched giving him strength 8 and resistance 3?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 7:14 am
You have old merry with hobbit sword. Thats... 7 strength, 6 res. If you switched strength and resistance, I think it would only switch printed strength and resistance values... so that hobbit sword (and thus merry’s game text) would give him a strength of 10 and resistance of 3.

Although, I’m sure there’s a way that you could design a DC so that you’d get more res. than that...

Anyways, that’s just what I’m thinking... get Bib or someone more knowledgeable to help you here. Razz
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
corvus
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:22 am
Joined: 13 Oct 2006 Posts: 1696 Location: Roaming, but dangerous!!!
Officially speaking, there is no such thing as a "printed" strength, vitality etc.

All changes apply to each "attribute" counting all alterations/enhancements.
Click here if you want to trade some foils away Wink
Far, Far beyond the island we dwelt in shapes of twilight
Through draught and weary days
Through grief and endless pain
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:28 am
Oh.

So I guess it would change to 6/7
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:31 am
corvus wrote:
All changes apply to each "attribute" counting all alterations/enhancements.

So you think the answer is the second one, the strength 8 resistance 5 merry?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions