LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
michael knight
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:48 pm
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
Personally I don’t mind the new cultures. I started playing during Ents, so I had missed a lot already. The big problem for me is how many people stopped playing when shadows came out, and how it critically wounded the real life tournament scene. I do love the site path though!!!!
One Man Can Make A Difference
Chang
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:50 pm
I’ve been playing off and on since the game started. when the new minion cultures came out I was dissapointed. I havn’t touched them, I don’t own any, so I can say wether I like them or not.
Chang
MSN: ensigndan@hotmail.com

I'm a Pirate...I sail the seas of Music...
bibfortuna25
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 9:08 pm
The new Uruk hunters from The Hunters are a very good subculture for Uruk-hai.
All cards do what they say.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 7:26 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i loved raider and ahve never used man
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:53 pm
i agree with you there, the new uruk-hai suck, they suck terrible, they have no definite strategy that you can use them for, all their cards seem to be random, i suppose thats why hardly anybody plays uruk-hai anymore, i used to play uruk-hai back in fellowship block, back when they were a force to be reckoned with.....now their pitiful Sad
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:49 pm
I thought that the new cultures were pretty good, especially Men archers. My only disappointment is that the Uruk-hai Uruks are much weaker than the Isengard Uruks.
I had to put something here.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:36 pm
PorterTroll wrote:
i agree with you there, the new uruk-hai suck, they suck terrible, they have no definite strategy that you can use them for, all their cards seem to be random, i suppose thats why hardly anybody plays uruk-hai anymore, i used to play uruk-hai back in fellowship block, back when they were a force to be reckoned with.....now their pitiful Sad

You obviously haven’t used the new Uruk-hai hunters then. They just plain rock. The new Uglúk + Violent Hurl is just mean.
All cards do what they say.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 6:46 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Wow, is that ever true! Mauhúr is the nastiest thing that’s come along since, since, well, forever. To kill a companion, simply exert once and watch him go! Dang, it’s almost like a Mauhúr Vending Machine! Very Happy

With Hunters block, the Uruk-hai culture actually gained a focus: hunter. Hopefully, this’ll continue through future blocks, because it just might tie everything together.

Meanwhile...I miss those wonderful Moria gobbos! The Orc substitutes simply aren’t as good. However...Scavenging Goblins + Retribution is quite a nice combo... Twisted Evil
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:23 pm
I definitely miss the old cultures, but the new cultures can be fun.

The Uruk-hai culture is probably the weakest of the three new cultures, but it’s got some cool stuff. Their best strategy right now is Uruk-hai Hunters. They can be super strong, and with cards like Violent Hurl (1 twilight for 2 strength and damage +1!) they can finish companions off. Mauhur, Relentless Hunter has an awesome ability (he’s great at killing a WoBaS splash!). Ugluk is also really dangerous.

The Men culture is my least favorite of the three new cultures. It can be very strong though, with either archery or beatdown. Archery has wicked cards like Rapid Reload and Mumak Rider, and with Howdah you can really get a lot of archery. Beatdown decks that use Stragglers are a pain to play against, because their minions are so blasted strong (and nigh unstoppable with Pavise).

The Orc culture is very fun. They have lots of viable strategies, with beatdown, swarm, corruption, threats, and more. They have arguably the best recursion abilities: Goblin Hordes can replay minions, Orkish Smith can replay conditions, and Goblin Scavengers or Retribution can replay possessions. The new threat cards also look really cool.

Gotta go clean up, but that was my view on the new cultures! Very Happy
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:33 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
I definitely miss the old cultures, but the new cultures can be fun.

The Uruk-hai culture is probably the weakest of the three new cultures, but it’s got some cool stuff. Their best strategy right now is Uruk-hai Hunters. They can be super strong, and with cards like Violent Hurl (1 twilight for 2 strength and damage +1!) they can finish companions off. Mauhur, Relentless Hunter has an awesome ability (he’s great at killing a WoBaS splash!). Ugluk is also really dangerous.

The Men culture is my least favorite of the three new cultures. It can be very strong though, with either archery or beatdown. Archery has wicked cards like Rapid Reload and Mumak Rider, and with Howdah you can really get a lot of archery. Beatdown decks that use Stragglers are a pain to play against, because their minions are so blasted strong (and nigh unstoppable with Pavise).

The Orc culture is very fun. They have lots of viable strategies, with beatdown, swarm, corruption, threats, and more. They have arguably the best recursion abilities: Goblin Hordes can replay minions, Orkish Smith can replay conditions, and Goblin Scavengers or Retribution can replay possessions. The new threat cards also look really cool.

Gotta go clean up, but that was my view on the new cultures! Very Happy

the uruk-hai are pretty good at beatdown adn resitaance lowering tempes ti a storm is wicked con. discarding.

0orcs are fun I love teh trolls

i have never played man but archery is good
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion