LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Which Shadow?

Moria Archery  
28%
  [ 2 ]  28%

Moria Swarm  
57%
  [ 4 ]  57%

Rapid Reload/Bloodthirsty/Pavise  
14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

Total Votes : 7
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:58 pm
what about a Sauron wounding deck?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Pipeweed
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:14 am
Never played one. Could you post an example?
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:15 am
its in my article. in my siggy.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Pipeweed
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:16 am
Wouldn’t work. That dang Shadowplay + Unheeded combo again Wink
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 12:19 am
true... but if you could put out a few under the watching eye, and if they exerted with shadowplay/unheeded, and if you put You Bring Great Evil in the right places, they could run out of vitality really fast. except they could load up pippin with wounds, and then return him to hand to heal him...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Cobra
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:26 am
Moved to the Open LOTR Discussion forum, as this is discussing multiple deck ideas rather than working on a specific decklist.

If you decide which Shadow to use and want help finalizing the decklist, that would be Deck Clinic material. Cool

-- Cobra
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 7:21 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i would use the RR/B/p deck.
moria swarm could work

but moria archery hey would just load pippin return him to hand etc.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:27 am
moria swarm is probably best. so what if they kill a couple minions with shadowplay/unheeded? you have plenty more....
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:26 am
Hmm... maybe Dunland? If they can’t exert them, they can’t use Unheeded. Plus Dunland has good wound prevention, and with cards like Too Long Have These Peasants Stood you can discard all their conditions (they have 15 in the deck!).
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:47 pm
I said moria swarm due to the minion recursion that you can have with it and the fact that the archery deck isn’t going to do a whole lot of good against a fellowship that can soak three wounds with pippin and then return him to hand in the regroup... In order to make any wounds stick you have to get out four archery a turn and that gets really expensive to do and is fairly impractical with any straight archery deck unless it is using Men and howdah.

This is the general moria swarm that I would use since it is open or expanded:

Moria Swarm (31)
4x Goblin Runner
4x Goblin Scavengers
1x Guard Commander
2x Host of Moria, Legion of the Underdeeps
4x Goblin Wallcrawler

4x Goblin Scimitar
4x Host of Thousands

2x They are Coming
1x Goblin Swarms
4x Goblin armories
1x Relics of Moria

This limits to three the number of minions that could be killed with a Shadowplay/unheeded combo, but still allows you twilight generation and fairly strong minions. You will likely want to play with a fair number of underground sites so that you can get the twilight and have the goblin wallcrawlers do their tricks. The Host of Thousands are in there to pull back the right minions at the right time at the cost of only one card as opposed to the cost of 3 cards with They are Coming. TAC should only be used to get an absolutely essential minion for a win since this is only a 31/31 card deck. One other point of strategy: play the guard commander after you have played out all of your swarm and try to keep a Host of Thousands in hand so that you can pull him back if they Shadowplay/Unheeded him. That forces them to have two unheeded in hand to kill him twice. They are unlikely to kill the Host of Moria as it would require two SP exertions and would severely hurt their chances of a double move.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion