LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:07 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Alrighty! Shadow Dwarves it is.

So I’ll be using a keyword which I’ve had before on a few random DCs: Corrupted.

Corrupted (You may play this minion regardless of unique Free Peoples cards.)

Its basically just a way of doing a Smeagol/Gollum thing without figuring out a second name for every character. Plus, with a keyword lumping all the corrupted people together, I can do fun stuff.... Twisted Evil
I don’t think there will be any of that in this set, but who knows? Maybe I’ll change my mind.

Anyway, along with Guard that makes two new loaded keywords for this set, which is fine with me.

Shadow Dwarves will generally focus on: spotting muster, dwarf tokens, and damage bonuses.

Jumping right into the Shadow-dwarf fun. We’ll be starting off with three of the dwarves themselves; one unique and two generic.

2 *Khim, Skulking Devil Dwarven SH
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 2
Site 3
Corrupted.(You may play this minion regardless of unique Free Peoples cards.) Damage +1. Lurker.
While you have initiative, Khim is strength +2.
Skirmish:
Exert Khim to make a Dwarf minion strength +X, where X is the number of Dwarf minions you can spot with muster (limit +3.)
“‘It is old and small. What harm is in it?’”

^yeah, I know. This is the one that dies off right away. That’s why he makes other people stronger; when he dies, it sorta makes Mim angry....

1 Petty-Dwarf Hobbler Dwarven SH
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 4
Vitality 2
Site 3
Damage +1. Guard Elven 2. Guard Dwarven 1.
When you play this minion, you may exert it to draw a card.
“…walking with bent shoulders and quick, furtive steps.”

3 Petty-Dwarf Skulker Dwarven SH
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Damage +1. Guard Dwarven 2. Lurker.
While you can spot 6 Dwarven culture tokens, this minion is twilight cost -2.
Maneuver: Remove 2 to make this minion gain muster until the end of the regroup phase.
Last edited by AgentDrake on Thu Nov 01, 2007 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in totalNever kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:40 am
AgentDrake wrote:

Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Corrupted.(You may play this minion regardless of unique Free Peoples cards.) Damage +1.
Skirmish:
Exert Khim to make a Dwarf minion strength +X, where X is the number of dwarf minions you can spot with muster, to a maximum of 3.

I think 3 vitality is a lot for a 2 cost minion should be 2 especially with his ability. I presume youre trying to match the stats of freeps chars for balance but it seems a bit too much and uneccessary to me. Change to a max of 3 to (limit 3).

Minion – Dwarf
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Site 3

Again 2 vitality is more balanced seeing as it has lots of other stuff. If you dropped the guard etc... it would be ok to have 3.

Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Damage +1. Guard Dwarven 2.
Maneuver: Remove 2 to make this minion gain muster until the end of the regroup phase.

Sound.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
NBarden
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:43 am
AgentDrake wrote:
Alrighty! Shadow Dwarves it is.

So I’ll be using a keyword which I’ve had before on a few random DCs: Corrupted.

Its basically just a way of doing a Smeagol/Gollum thing without figuring out a second name for every character. Plus, with a keyword lumping all the corrupted people together, I can do fun stuff.... Twisted Evil
I don’t think there will be any of that in this set, but who knows? Maybe I’ll change my mind.

Anyway, along with Guard that makes two new loaded keywords for this set, which is fine with me.

Shadow Dwarves will generally focus on: spotting muster, dwarf tokens, and damage bonuses.

Jumping right into the Shadow-dwarf fun. We’ll be starting off with three of the dwarves themselves; one unique and two generic.

Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Corrupted.(You may play this minion regardless of unique Free Peoples cards.) Damage +1.
Skirmish:
Exert Khim to make a Dwarf minion strength +X, where X is the number of dwarf minions you can spot with muster, to a maximum of 3.

Like it.

^yeah, I know. This is the one that dies off right away. That’s why he makes other people stronger; when he dies, it sorta makes Mim angry....

Minion – Dwarf
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Site 3

Refresh my memory on guard. Oh, and I think its a little undercosted, I’d say 2.

Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
[b]Damage +1. Guard Dwarven 2.

Great. No lurker? He’s a skulker, so I’d say that the lurker keyword would go perfect.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 11:15 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
For those who may have forgotten what Guard means (I know I had):

AgentDrake wrote:
Alrighty, here we have the new keyword: Guard [Culture] X. What this means is "While you can spot a/another [Culture] minion, this minion is strength +X."

Get it? Got it? Good. Smile

AgentDrake wrote:

That’s a really nifty idea, and one I may have to incorporate for a couple of my DCs. I have a few companions that would already apply, and that would REALLY save on text....

AgentDrake wrote:
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Skirmish:

I think lurker would be perfect here. That would allow you more chances to get initiative, and also make his skirmish ability REALLY nasty. Make sure to always capitalize "Dwarf", too. (See, NB, it’s not just you I rag on! Razz)

AgentDrake wrote:
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Site 3

With 3 vitality, he should definately cost 2, especially since he could get as high as 8 strength. (Elven minions, eh? Eeeeeexcellent. Twisted Evil) A few suggestions:

Lower his strength to 4, his vitality to 2, require spotting a Dwarf, and I THINK it might be okay for him to cost only 1.

Lower his vitality to 2 and raise his cost to 2. ’Twould be slightly more balanced, though 2 vitality isn’t very Dwarf-like.

Raise his cost to 2 and leave the rest as is. MAYBE require spotting another Dwarf, though it may not be necessary.

AgentDrake wrote:
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3

No problems here. NB’s idea about lurker here isn’t a bad idea. You could make a mini-theme around lurking, which would be pretty cool for them, even if it’s just one or two cards that refer to Dwarf lurkers. *shrug* Just an off-the-cuff thought.

One other thought: you MAY want to make these guys Site 4 minions, which to me, at least, makes a lot more sense for Dwarves. I know it keeps them roaming a little longer, but it would harken back to the good ol’ days of Moria minions, and that brings a smile to my face. Smile
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
AgentDrake wrote:

Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Skirmish:

GP for italics definition. works for me

Minion – Dwarf
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Site 3
since he can be 8, and has 3 vitality up cost to 3. I know I have heard that get it, got it, good before...?

Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3

cool!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:21 pm
AgentDrake wrote:
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3
Skirmish:

Interesting keyword. Take out the limit, and it rocks as he has very low strength for a non-unique minion.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Minion – Dwarf
Strength 5
Vitality 3
Site 3

What’s guard again? Interesting, but too good as a 1 cost minion with no enforcement whatsoever. Should spot a Dwarven minion, but then he’s great, though should probably cost 2.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
Strength 6
Vitality 3
Site 3

How about making the maneuver thing trigger at the start of the regroup phase? Also, strength 7 is fine or lurker as the other’s mentioned.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
AgentDrake
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 11:04 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Alright, made some edits. Look any better?

I left the Muster bit as a maneuver action on the Skulker because a lot of stuff is going to count/spot muster with these guys (Khim, for example....)

GP to -- yet again -- Lem0n.
I like card-reviewing citrus.... ("citri" to be proper...)
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 6:57 am
Thank you very much, its my pleasure. Any more? I have lots of reviewing left in me!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:46 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
AgentDrake wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:
Thank you very much, its my pleasure. Any more? I have lots of reviewing left in me!

*grumble*mumble*

Show off. Razz
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
AgentDrake
Posted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 1:51 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
AgentDrake wrote:
lem0nhead wrote:

*grumble*mumble*

Show off. Razz

Hey, you just gotta get up at 4 am or so, which would be much later for him.

Darn time zones. Laughing
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards