LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 5:24 pm
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
I definitely miss the old cultures, but the new cultures can be fun.

The Uruk-hai culture is probably the weakest of the three new cultures, but it’s got some cool stuff. Their best strategy right now is Uruk-hai Hunters. They can be super strong, and with cards like Violent Hurl (1 twilight for 2 strength and damage +1!) they can finish companions off. Mauhur, Relentless Hunter has an awesome ability (he’s great at killing a WoBaS splash!). Ugluk is also really dangerous.

The Men culture is my least favorite of the three new cultures. It can be very strong though, with either archery or beatdown. Archery has wicked cards like Rapid Reload and Mumak Rider, and with Howdah you can really get a lot of archery. Beatdown decks that use Stragglers are a pain to play against, because their minions are so blasted strong (and nigh unstoppable with Pavise).

The Orc culture is very fun. They have lots of viable strategies, with beatdown, swarm, corruption, threats, and more. They have arguably the best recursion abilities: Goblin Hordes can replay minions, Orkish Smith can replay conditions, and Goblin Scavengers or Retribution can replay possessions. The new threat cards also look really cool.

Gotta go clean up, but that was my view on the new cultures! Very Happy

yes, i too miss the old cultures, but their gone now, and their never coming back.... Sad
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:19 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Maybe there’s hope yet...
We shall all march upon D, Goblin Swarms in hand, to demand the return of Moria! No, make that FOIL Host of Moria, Legion of the Underdeeps in hand!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
PorterTroll
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:53 pm
goblin swarms, i remember when that was the ULTIMATE Moria card, how the times have changed....
syndrome
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 4:02 am
I <3 moria to death. I mean I like orc but it just doesn’t have the same feel... plus I like the moria look better.

and they should have made goblins goblins (instead of minion • orc) in the Orc culture.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 9:43 am
mr.portertroll, have you ever heard of expanded format? the old cultures are far from dead.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:07 pm
i understand what expanded and open format is but i still think dunland, moria, sauron (except for sauron grind), and isengard are dying if not dead already ( i know dunland is dead already)
Pipeweed
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:08 pm
Not in my area. Most places here host Expanded tourneys so we still have all the old cultures. I run an Expanded Moria Archery deck, and an Expanded Southron Threat deck. Quite a few people I know run Dunland, Sauron, etc.
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 12:10 pm
thank you for raising that point pipeweed. depending on where you live, different cultures and formats will be more popular, where i live, everyone plays standard, so for me, all the old cultures are almost dead
Hazael
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 5:34 pm
I’ve got 3 dunland decks.

Our area doesn’t have a single standard deck ready. As far as I know.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 10, 2006 8:51 pm
can you post a decklist of what you think is your best one? preferrably in the deck clinic though...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion