LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 5:31 pm
PorterTroll wrote:
PS: Is your friend a member of this site?

Not yet. He doesn’t play LOTR much at the moment, because he likes Pirates CSG more right now. I might get him to join eventually.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Gagnut
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:29 pm
What does this have to do with corruption?
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:43 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
He’s being corrupted into becoming a LotR addict, completly hooked to this site...
I don't like YOU.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 7:10 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
you mean he is becoming... ME!
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 8:42 am
Gagnut wrote:
What does this have to do with corruption?

PT mentioned that he could type up a Retribution Troll deck, and I replied saying that my friend is trying to make a similar deck, and he would like to see the decklist. Then PT asked if my friend is on this site yet, and I said that he isn’t yet.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:00 am
Sorry, I lost my old decklist so i had to make one up from scratch! Very Happy

The basic strategy is, well, give the trolls the spears or hammers (the spears can add twilight) and hope they win the skirmishes. Then hope the mocking goblins win skirmishes and add a couple burdens that way. You also can exert the miscreants in the regroup phase to add burdens or use bound to its fate. Then you use Isengard Underling to get those events back into your hand, then you will use goblin hordes to get the miscreants and underlings back in your hand so you can effectively do this all game.

Well, Here it is!

Shadow: 36
Porter Troll x4
Orc Miscreant x3
Bound to its Fate x4
Retribution x4
Mocking Goblin x3
Goblin Hordes x4
Isengard Underling x2
Orc Crusher x2
Orc Spear x3
Mordor Scimitar x3
Cave Troll’s Hammer, Unwieldy Cudgel x2
Ordnance Grunt x2

PS: I was using this deck with Dwarves, which cycle like mad, so unless your fellowship side cycles very well, you may want to remove a few of these shadow cards.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:10 am
The main problem I see lies in the fact that the Underlings and Mockers are the only minion who don’t have to spot an Orc minion to play. My friend’s main problem is that he finds it hard to get enough twilight to play a fairly large Orc like the Mocking Goblin, and still have enough twilight left for a Troll with a weapon.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 9:18 am
AnxiousChieftain wrote:
The main problem I see lies in the fact that the Underlings and Mockers are the only minion who don’t have to spot an Orc minion to play. My friend’s main problem is that he finds it hard to get enough twilight to play a fairly large Orc like the Mocking Goblin, and still have enough twilight left for a Troll with a weapon.

I see what you mean, when i used to play this deck i used to have the same problem. What i did, was add in a few spurred to battle to get that extra bit of twilight, or you can use Orc Artisan to add twilight when you play posessions. As i said, i just made this decklist from scratch about twenty minutes ago, so i know its not perfect. If i do, however, come upon my old decklist, ill be sure to revise this one. Very Happy
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 10:29 am
You could always use coordinated effort for more twilight... and then when you were pretty much done with them, drom ’em to pull back an Ordnance Grunt!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Aug 09, 2006 11:02 am
elf lvr wrote:
You could always use coordinated effort for more twilight... and then when you were pretty much done with them, drom ’em to pull back an Ordnance Grunt!

good idea, as i said, this is just a "rough draft" of a retribution trolls deck, you can always add or take away cards to your liking

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion