LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 10:18 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Hmmm. How about if I did mountain instead of battleground?

Im guessing youre coming from the pinacle of zirakzigil fight? That is a cool idea but it just doesnt seem right making it all mountains or battlegrounds. I just dont see the balrog getting a bonus out of for example crags of emyn muil or barinzibar. Sorry dude.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:22 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Hmmm. EL seemed to like it well enough.... Think Admittedly, I’m reluctant to change it, as I was trying to go for something beyond the normal underground stuff for Ol’ Balgy.

Does anyone else have any thoughts on this? I’m not outright opposed to changing it, but I’d like another opinion or two first.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:36 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
my guess is he didn’t have enough time to do a thorough review so just said they were all good Wink
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 12:37 pm
So you think it should be changed then, SoP?

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:41 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Tweaked it so you can optionally play this during the Shadow phase. Hope that’s okay.

Now, since lem0n has given me the go-ahead, let’s get back to what I started two weeks ago: Durin’s Bane. Twisted Evil To refresh everyone’s memories, I’ll repost Ol’ Balgy himself and his weapons. Once they get everyone’s okay, we’ll move on to some new cards.

Enjoy! Very Happy

14The Balrog, Demon of the Ancient World Moria
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 17
Vitality: 5
Site: 5
Damage +1. Fierce.
While at an underground site, The Balrog gains hunter 1.
Maneuver: Exert The Balrog twice to play a Moria artifact on it from your draw deck (or exert it three times to play a Moria artifact on it from your discard pile).
“‘It was a Balrog of Morgoth, of all elf-banes the most deadly, save the One who sits in the Dark Tower.’”

Nice.

13The Balrog, Nameless Terror Moria
Minion • Balrog
Strength: 13
Vitality: 5
Site: 5
Lurker. Enduring. Damage +1.
The Balrog may not be exerted by Shadow cards.
While at a battleground or underground site, The Balrog is fierce and each Moria Orc is strength +1.
Response: If an event is played (except during the regroup phase), heal The Balrog twice to cancel that event.
“‘It was both a shadow and a flame, strong and terrible.’”

Make it cheaper, or have a twilight reduction.

1The Balrog’s Sword, Stabbing Tongue of Fire Moria
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Strength +3
Bearer must be The Balrog.
This weapon may be borne in addition to 1 other hand weapon and may be played any time you could play a skirmish event.
At the start of each skirmish involving The Balrog, you may remove a burden or discard this weapon to wound each companion in that skirmish.
“From out of the shadow a red sword leaped flaming.”

Fierce? Ouch. Nice.

1Whip of Many Thongs, Shrouded in Fire Moria
Artifact • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be The Balrog.
It is fierce and gains hunter 1.
When this weapon is played or discarded, you may exert a companion (except for the Ring-bearer).
“With a bound the Balrog leaped full upon the bridge. Its whip whirled and hissed.”

WHOA! OUCH! Stick with Strength +1 though.

Pair this with Demon of the Ancient World’s ability to play during the maneuver phase for some real fun. Twisted Evil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 1:46 pm
Alright, made some tweaks. Thanks, gentlemen.

Now, finally, some NEW Balrog cards. Enjoy!

0Shadow and Flame Moria
Condition • Support Area
To play, spot a Moria card.
Each time the Free Peoples player draws a card (except during the fellowship or regroup phase), you may reveal The Balrog from your hand to make the Free Peoples player add 2 or a burden. Limit once per phase.
“‘You fear to go into those mines. The dwarves delved too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of Khazad-dûm....’”

1 Most Deadly Bane Moria
Event • Shadow
Play The Balrog from hand to exert X companions, where X is the number of Free Peoples races you can spot.
“‘Ai! ai! A Balrog! A Balrog is come!’”
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Tue Jul 31, 2007 8:02 am; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

NBarden
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:03 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1Shadow and Flame Moria
Condition • Support Area
Each time the Free Peoples player draws a card, you may reveal The Balrog from your hand to make the Free Peoples player add 2 or a burden.
“‘You fear to go into those mines. The dwarves delved too greedily and too deep. You know what they awoke in the darkness of Khazad-dûm....’”

Um...lemme think...BROKEN! SO OP NOT EVEN FUNNY! Muster is penalized, lose initiative fellowships die, choke decks die.

2 Most Deadly Bane Moria
Event • Shadow
Play The Balrog to make the Free Peoples player exert X companions, where X is the number of Free Peoples races you can spot.

Underpowered. I’d make it a condition, each time you play the Balrog...unique of course. Or at very least, 0 twilight and let you exert the people you want.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:13 pm
Tweaked them both. Thumbs Up

Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:24 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1Shadow and Flame Moria
Condition • Support Area
Each time the Free Peoples player draws a card (except during the fellowship or regroup phase), you may reveal The Balrog from your hand to make the Free Peoples player add 2 or a burden. Limit once per phase.

I would give it toil 1. Thumbs Up

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Most Deadly Bane Moria
Event • Shadow
Play The Balrog to exert X companions, where X is the number of Free Peoples races you can spot.

Cool! GP
I had to put something here.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:55 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:

1Shadow and Flame Moria
Condition • Support Area
I wouldn’t add toil.

1 Most Deadly Bane Moria
Event • Shadow
Play The Balrog to exert X companions, where X is the number of Free Peoples races you can spot.

nice
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards