LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
NappyKorn
Posted: Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:49 pm
LOL, I know the feeling my wife might put up some resistance as well, but maybe the wifes will give us both a night to just play. I’ll talk to you tomorrow around 7:00.

NK
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NappyKorn
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:17 am
Game Results: Nappykorn vs. Shieldmaiden (Winner NK)

My Gondor Wraiths & Ninja Gollum with Orcs vs. Her Elven Archery & Wounding Orcs.

I managed to get my Gondor Wraith conditions out really early by site 3 I believe it was, so from then on I was removing 2 threats each time they won a skirmish and with them exhausted as well each time I lost a skirmish they took no wounds. Site 3 the only companion killed the entire game fell due to my enduring Shelob, Bye Gil-Galad. It is so hard for me to get to comps when playing against Elven archery decks. I was able to double move twice, once from 1 to 3 and again 4-6. I coasted into site 9 for the Victory. Yes, I got my 1st win on sDa. Good Game.

Not the best review of the game, but it is my first attempt at posting results, the more I post the better they will get I hope. Not to mention I’m posting this the day after the game and I have a horrible memory.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NBarden
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:31 am
That must be one heck of an archery deck to take down NG. Shocked

You did, of course, pack Final Strike, correct?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:34 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Game Results:

Dáin Ironfoot’s Forest Elves and Hunters with Forestguls

vs.

NappyKorn’s Gondor Wraiths with Ninja Gollum, Shelob, and Orcs

I bid 1, NK bid 2. My heart sunk, thinking that meant he’d pick me to go first (which is BAD when using Forestguls), but thankfully he wanted to go first. He started with Frodo RH, Strider, and Cursed of Erech; I started with Galadriel BoW, Legolas OtGC, and Orophin SE.

He started out with a pretty good draw, because he had a Sleepless Dead, a Spectral Sword, Hearts Raised, and Stronger and More Terrible before setting out. I played a forest (surprise, surprise) and managed to get only one Nazzie out, but with a Moving This Way and Lost in the Woods, and some twilight left over, he opted to stay afterwards.

I pulled an Elven Bow and a Sword of the Fallen to start out, but not much else. I moved, he dropped Gollum DaD and exerted twice to exert Galadriel. My archery then took Gollum out, but with some twilight left over (and him spooking me by dropping a Web), I opted to stay as well.

He gets another Sleepless Dead, and drops down Swept Away, which would be the bane of my existance the rest of the game. I could never get rid of it because one of my last-minute space-saving moves was to drop virtually all my anti-condition Nazzie stuff. Bad move there. So while I get a couple Nazzies out and beat up on his Wraths, I can’t kill them. However, I also manage to pull the bane of HIS existance for the game: Shapes Slowly Advancing. He’s forced to take a couple Wraiths into hand to prevent the tokens, so his hand is pretty clogged. He stays at the sanctuary.

I get a good draw the next turn, and am able to play Arwen SD and my first of several Elven Guardians. I ALSO pull Arwen’s Bow and THREE more Elven Bows. I play all the bows (except one of the Elven Bows) and suddenly have four archery, with the potential of going as high as 7 with Legolas, Orophin, and Arwen’s Bow out. But I add a lot of twilight, and he’s able to play Gollum and a couple Orcs. I kill most in archery, but one Orc survives and he stacks it on the Web as I stay. I should also mention he slapped a Treacherous Little Toad on Galadriel before Gollum bites it, which means I’m not able to heal her for a while.

Region 2 was tit for tat. On his turns, he’d replay his Wraiths he had to take into hand to prevent tokens on Shapes Slowly Advancing, I’d beat them up (but be unable to kill them) with my Nazzies, and then he’d take them back into hand and stay, single-moving through the region. I finally started pulling Nelya 3rd Rider and Toldea 8th Rider by Site 4, so I was able to control the sitepath and play lots of forests. This didn’t help my Shadow side a lot, since I couldn’t kill off his Wraiths and him taking them into hand constantly made me keep discarding my Lost In The Woods conditions, but it DID help out my FP side tremendously; Arwen became HUGE with all the forests on the sitepath. That was almost for naught, though, as Gollum DaD hit the table again at Site 3 and exhausted Galadriel. I was able to finally get rid of the Treacherous Little Toad with a long-awaited Namarie, though, and then finished off Gollum in archery. At Site 4, I got Nenya and healed Galadriel (finally), but Shelob first hit the table too. Obviously I didn’t want to make Shelob huge with my archery, so I used A Grey Ship to lessen my archery some, but Shelob was still big enough to beat me up a bit afterwards. He stacked Shelob on Web, so again, I stayed. But at Site 5 I got another Elven Guardian, and finally played my other Bow, enabling me to go all-out with archery and put six wounds on Shelob in archery. Arwen was a beast by now with 5 forests to spot and a Sword of the Fallen, largely negating Shelob’s enduring. Thanks to a timely Point Blank Range and a Standing Tall I’d been saving for a rainy day, I was able to actually kill Shelob off with Arwen and double-move to Site 6, the first for either of us in the game, and pass NK.

Now it became a race. Neither of us was able to kill the other, with his Wraiths refusing to die, but my Shapes keeping his hand clogged and preventing his Shadow side from being able to hurt me much. What little DID hit the table was arrowed to death. He eventually shifted to using just Shelob each site, but I was able to handle her with Arwen. I opted to stay at Site 7, while he double-moved to Site 8, but then next turn I doubled to 9 and won the race, actually overwhelming Shelob with a couple Point Blank Ranges and Arwen to make for an 18-strength Arwen and a 7-strength Shelob. Razz

Excellent game, and my second win in a row after six consecutive losses (mostly to Apop). Our decks couldn’t have been built much better to counter the other. With a couple tweaks (or different draws), either of our decks could have dominated the other, but as it was, we were toe-to-toe the whole way through. We both thoroughly enjoyed ourselves, but unfortunately, someone had to lose in the end.

Hats off to NK for a well-built deck, especially his FP side. Neither of us were ever able to kill a single companion. Bravo, my friend! Applause

Winner: Dáin Ironfoot, by reaching Site 9 first.

EDIT: Just for fun, here’s a screenshot of how things looked at the end of the game.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:44 am
Dain, you need Rumil, Silvan Elf with Legolas, OtWR. That starting fellowship absolutely rocks, especially if you use East Wall of Rohan to nab Orophin. Very Happy
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
thonnas7
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 11:54 am
Anyone up for a game today?
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:11 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
Dain, you need Rumil, Silvan Elf with Legolas, OtWR. That starting fellowship absolutely rocks, especially if you use East Wall of Rohan to nab Orophin. Very Happy

I’m just not sold on Rumil. I know he pairs well with Legolas, since he can then become an archer, but I’d rather go with an Elven Guardian armed with a Bow, even though it takes up an extra card slot. I just think the Guardian is better overall with its higher strength potential and ability.

I’ll probably eventually change my tune, but for now, I’d rather have Orophin and a bunch of Guardians, so that if anything DOES live through archery, I’m that much stronger come skirmishing time.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:30 pm
Rumil starts out an archer and frees up a bow for an extra archery. Trust me, Rumil is best. One strength less for a free archery? I’d take that anyday.

Oh well, you at least need the hunter Legolas to nab a hunter with East Wall of Rohan.
thonnas7
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:32 pm
Hey, either of you up for a game? Very Happy
NBarden
Posted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 12:45 pm
Can’t atm. Sorry. I’m supposed to be doing school. Anxious

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion