LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:35 am
Ive got mine done, ill send them soon im just deciding on tweaking them before i submit.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:15 am
Got lem0n’s. Thumbs Up Just waiting on AC now. Whistle
I had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 2:21 pm
Cards sent! Unfortunately my copy of LOTR got packed up in a box since I’m moving in a week, so I couldn’t get any lore. Sad

- AC
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 3:34 pm
And the entries have been received... it all comes to this, ladies and gents: the final round.

AC
4 •Aragorn, Longshanks Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Vitality: 4
Resistance: 8
Ranger.
While you can spot 2 Hobbit companions, Aragorn is twilight cost -2.
Fellowship: Exert Aragorn twice (or exert Aragorn once and spot 4 Hobbit companions) to play the fellowship’s next site.

0 •Frodo, Adventurous Halfling Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Ring Resistance: 10
Ring-bearer.
While the fellowship is in region 3, Frodo cannot be overwhelmed unless his strength is tripled.

4 •Gandalf, Steward of Middle-earth Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
Resistance: 7
While you can spot 4 Free Peoples cultures, each companion of those cultures is strength +1 and resistance +2.
Skirmish: Exert Gandalf and discard a Free Peoples card from hand to make a companion of the same culture as the discarded card strength +2.

18 •Sauron, Base Master of Treachery Sauron
Minion • Maia
Strength: 24
Vitality: 5
Site Number: 6
Damage +1. Fierce. Enduring.
When you play Sauron, discard each other minion. Then you may remove from the game X minions from your discard pile to make Sauron’s twilight cost -X.
Other minions may not be played.

lem0n
4 • Aragorn, Defender of the West Gondor
Companion • Man
Strength: 8
Resistance: 8
Defender +1.
Each time Aragorn wins a skirmish, you may make another companion strength +1 and resistance +1 until the regroup phase.
Skirmish: Exert Aragorn to make a Man damage +1 until the regroup phase.
"But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you; stand, Men of the West!"

Designer’s notes: The scene that inspired this Gorn, is where he turns and attacks the hoard emerging from the morannon near the end of RotK. His resolution and steadfast determination gave inspiration to the valiant men fighting for the Free People.

0 • Frodo, Determined Halfling Shire
Companion • Hobbit
Strength: 3
Ring Resistance: 11
While wearing the One Ring, Frodo is strength +2.
" I have to destroy it..."

Designer’s notes: I imagined this Frodo as he was covered in ash and dirt ploughing on through his journey across Mordor. His resolution fixed on destroying the ring that has ruined his life, drawing strength from whatever he can. The more the ring tries to take a hold, the more Frodo pushes on.

4 • Gandalf, Ally of the Free Peoples Gandalf
Companion • Wizard
Strength: 7
Resistance: 7
Muster.
Skirmish: Exert Gandalf and spot another companion to play a skirmish event of that companion’s culture from your discard pile, it’s twilight cost is -1.
"But all worthy things that are in peril as the world now stands, those are my care..."

Designer’s notes: I wanted my Gandalf to be powerful and decided to give him a gametext that was so, but in doing so i had to balance the rest of him hence no fantastic solo skills or stats. This version’s ability is a testiment to his subtitle, in the way he helps out all the others free peoples without focusing too much on himself. The text is versatile as well as their is flexability in who’s skirmish the event is played in.

18 • Sauron, The Abhorred Sauron
Minion • Maia
Strength: 20
Vitality: 5
Site: 5
Fierce.
While you can spot 4 different races, Sauron’s twilight cost is -4.
Sauron is strength +1 for each companion you can spot.
Sauron is damage +1 for each free peoples culture you can spot.
"..the only measure that he knows is desire, desire for power..."

Designer’s notes: The idea for my Sauron was conceived after reflecting on him being the enemy of the Free Peoples and "his will to dominate all life". The more that opposed him the more he crushed them. Even united they struggled against him. His hate for each race and individual is mirrored in his text.

Voting
Vote for your favorite set of dream cards... choose carefully. And to spice things up a bit...

• Dáin and Thranduil’s votes count for 2 points apiece.
• If the winner wins by 3 or more points, he will receive an extra rare.

The voting deadline is Saturday, November 10th. May the best man win! Very Happy
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 6:14 pm
Shocked

I’m not sure I want that kind of responsibility. Why me?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:10 pm
Wow. I mean, WOW. Both sets are amazing.

Aragorns: Both I love. Both totally fit for the title and stuff you guys put them into. Two perfectly made Aragorns, IMO.

On the Frodos: AC, I think yours is a bit good. I mean, why NOT use it? I can’t see any reason to use any other Frodo, except maybe the Res 12 one. Maybe... could have worked it in with Aragorn, and made it spot other hobbits, or something. Lem0n, yours is also a "why-not" style Frodo... but... the resistance bonus I didn’t like. I know it’s meant to help with the whole "has to be wearing the One Ring" thing, but... it just again makes it seem infinately usable to anything ever. Make sense? Probably not...

Gandalfs: AC, I loved your subtitle. Reminds me of my DC contest... and a DC I made... well, I know what lore you would have had would you have had lore. Right? Definately makes multi-cultrue an option. Or just a good splashy Gandalf. Lem0n, well, same thing! This guy is a great splash in Elvents, Rohan, Hobbits, Gondor....

Saurons: Here’s what swung it for me. Though I didn’t like AC’s much, it could come out cheap, but the only reason to use it besides other Saurons is agianst choke or solo comps, when you couldn’t physically use a different one. Lemon’s, though, works particularly badly against solo and choke, but excels at multiculture hate. Both are very meta-oriented, and I don’t see a ton of reason to use these instead of other Saurons...

Ugh! So tough... but I think AC pulls out ahead. The Frodo’s are about the same, but I just liked AC’s cards a little bit better, because of their specific abilities. Sorry, Lem0n. GP to both for awesome entries, though.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:54 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Shocked

I’m not sure I want that kind of responsibility. Why me?

Thranduil

Because I consider you and Dáin to be the best "not-AC" dream card makers on Cobra Cards. Razz
macheteman
Posted: Wed Nov 07, 2007 9:57 pm
i’ll take it card by card like EL did.

Aragorn: I think my mouth dropped open when i saw AC’s. the card text is INCREDIBLE with the sub-title. nice twilight reduction, nice site ability, and he has the ranger keyword, so he is perfect. excellent job illustrating how Aragorn led the hobbits to rivendel and stuff. gp for longshanks.
lem0n’s version of aragorn is overpowered when in light of heir of elendil. he would have been great enough without giving him defender +1 right off the bat, and he would have been really cool.

Frodo: i think i agree with EL on this one. both are infinitely usable.

Gandalf: again, i love AC’s card. i think lem0n’s was a little too powerful, because it is a loop until gandalf is exhausted, enabling you to play the same event over and over which is broken with cards that cancel skirmishes, wound and stuff like that. or even nobody tosses a dwarf! you could get gandalf’s vitality up real high (9 i think) play any nobody tosses a dwarf you have in hand, and then play them 8 more times!

souron: i agree with EL, but i liked AC’s because a beastly minion with 24 strength damage +1 fierce and enduring, and it can come out cheap is very useful in any deck, and against any deck.

so

AC has my vote.
Check out my best article The Utterly Corrupt Corruption,
If at first you don't succeed...Sky-diving isn't for you.
"Combat is dangerous. It tends to interupt your breathing process."
ROLF!!!
lem0nhead
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 5:35 am
macheteman wrote:

Gandalf: again, i love AC’s card. i think lem0n’s was a little too powerful, because it is a loop until gandalf is exhausted, enabling you to play the same event over and over which is broken with cards that cancel skirmishes, wound and stuff like that. or even nobody tosses a dwarf! you could get gandalf’s vitality up real high (9 i think) play any nobody tosses a dwarf you have in hand, and then play them 8 more times!

Not that it matters mm but just to point out it says skirmish event and ntad is a response.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
LeoKula
Posted: Thu Nov 08, 2007 6:27 am
I vote for lemon.

Loved the Sauron somewhat like the Reflections one, taking benefits from lots of situations, Gandalf taking things back, the very themed frodo and Aragorn killing everybody leading the armies of the free peoples Smile

Bost contestants did very well, but i liked lemon more.
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards