LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:07 am
Thranduil wrote:

4 • Ulaire Otsea Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 9
Vit: 3
Sit: 3
Enduring.
While Ulaire Otsea is exhausted and you can spot 3 burdens, he cannot take wounds.
H3 U 131

No subtitles? Anyway this guy is solid but i think its quite easy to add 3 burdens with ur new wraiths so maybe 4? Or just spot another wraith minion or 2?

6 • Ulaire Enquea Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 12
Vit: 4
While you can spot 3 Wraith minions, Ulaire Enquea is enduring.
When you play Ulaire Enquea, wound him 3 times.
Skirmish: Remove a burden to heal Ulaire Enquea.
Regroup: Exert Ulaire Enquea to exert a companion (or wound them if you can spot 6 companions).
H3 R 178

Argh a non 11 strength enquea! He doesnt seem that useful to be honest Thran. Im sure u have a plan for him but i wouldnt use him.

8 • The Witch-King, Sorceror of Darkness Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 14
Enduring.
When you play The Witch-King, you may spot a Nazgul (or Maia minion) to take a Wraith spell into hand from your discard pile.
Each time you play a spell, you may heal The Witch-King to add a burden.
H3 R 136

Fine i guess.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:36 am
lem0nhead wrote:
No subtitles?

Sorry, lost them somewhere. Bear with me. Embarassed

lem0nhead wrote:
Argh a non 11 strength enquea!

Another mistake - really careless about this lot.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:03 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Thranduil wrote:
4 • Ulaire Otsea, Shadow of the Necromancer Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 9
Vit: 3
Enduring.
While Ulaire Otsea is exhausted and you can spot 3 burdens, he cannot take wounds.
H3 U 131

Neato! Lem0n may right about 4 burdens, though.

Thranduil wrote:
6 • Ulaire Enquea, Servant of the Necromancer Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 11
While you can spot 3 Wraith minions, Ulaire Enquea is enduring.
When you play Ulaire Enquea, wound him 3 times.
Regroup: Exert Ulaire Enquea to exert a companion (or wound them if you can spot 6 companions).
H3 R 178

I would make him enduring always, and exert him once when played for each Wraith minion you can spot. More interesting, useful, and saves a lot of text. Razz See?

6 • Ulaire Enquea, Servant of the Necromancer Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 11
Enduring.
When you play Ulaire Enquea, exert him once for each Wraith minion you can spot.
H3 R 178

Thranduil wrote:
8 • The Witch-King, Sorceror of Darkness Wraith
Minion • Nazgul
Str: 14
Enduring.
When you play The Witch-King, you may spot a Nazgul (or Maia minion) to take a Wraith spell into hand from your discard pile.
Each time you play a spell, you may heal The Witch-King to add a burden.
H3 R 136

One minor thing: "king" should be lowercase. Seems okay otherwise, though you might want to limit that second part to Wraith spells only.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 6:15 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
I would make him enduring always, and exert him once when played for each Wraith minion you can spot. More interesting, useful, and saves a lot of text. Razz See?

I like, but I’ve always been in 2 minds about this guy and I’ve changed him about 3 or 4 times. Thing is, your way you can play him before you play other minions then use his regroup ability 3 times, which is something I was trying to avoid by making the wounding guaranteed and enduring optional. I’ll think on it some more, but I imagine I’ll change it the way you suggest. Thanks for the suggestion. GP

DáinIronfoot wrote:
One minor thing: "king" should be lowercase. Seems okay otherwise, though you might want to limit that second part to Wraith spells only.

How about I change the second ability to ’Each time you play a Wraith spell, add a burden’?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 6:13 am
Maybe though it depends on how many spells wraiths have, if its not many then fine if loads then add the heal him bit back.
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:29 pm
Talking of Wraith spells:

0 Black Magic Wraith
Event • Assignment
Spell.
Heal an enduring Wraith minion X times to make it gain terror X.
H3 U 141

2 Dark Mist Wraith
Event • Assignment
Weather.
Spot X twilight minions to make a Wraith minion gain terror X.
H3 C 176

And now a miscellaneous card before next time when we explore why on earth you would want all that terror.

2 Tall and Threatening Wraith
Event • Assignment
Assign a Wraith minion to a companion with resistance 2 or less. If that companion bears an artifact, the Free Peoples player may Lock that companion until the end of the regroup phase to prevent this.
H3 U 172

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Jan 14, 2008 12:22 pm; edited 4 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 2:43 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Lem0n might have a good point, as you’re looking at a LOT of potential burdens, whereas healing Wikkie each time somewhat limits it. I’m on the fence about it, but moving on....

Thranduil wrote:
0 Black Magic Wraith
Event • Assignment
Spell.
H3 U 141

I’m sure lem0n is going to have FITS about this one. Razz I think I might too, actually, considering this could get out of hand pretty fast. Perhaps make it "to make it gain terror 1 for every 2 times that minion healed" or something. Alternatively, you could make this a SKIRMISH event, and thus limit the effects to fierce skirmishes (if I correctly remember how terror works).

Thranduil wrote:
1 Touch of the Twilight Wraith
Event • Assignment
Spell.
H3 C 176

Again, could get out of hand. I’d limit it somewhat...perhaps for every 2 you can spot or something.

Thranduil wrote:
2 Terrifying Aura Wraith
Event • Assignment
Assign a Wraith minion to a companion with resistance 2 or less. Unless that companion bears an artifact, the Free Peoples player may Lock that companion until the end of the regroup phase to prevent this.
H3 U 172

Artifact hate! Not bad, not bad.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Thranduil wrote:
Talking of Wraith spells:

0 Black Magic Wraith
Event • Assignment
Spell.
H3 U 141
really could use some awesome lore...

Event • Assignment
Spell.
H3 C 176
maybe should cost 2.

2 Terrifying Aura Wraith
Event • Assignment
Assign a Wraith minion to a companion with resistance 2 or less. Unless that companion bears an artifact, the Free Peoples player may Lock that companion until the end of the regroup phase to prevent this.
H3 U 172

Thranduil

works for me. missing what the artifact has to do with it.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 3:22 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:

It’s artifacts that are and should be the best weapons against Wraiths, because they’re older and in Middle-Earth older is always better.

Thranduil
- Dream of the Endless

lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:17 am
Thranduil wrote:

0 Black Magic Wraith
Event • Assignment
Spell.
H3 U 141

LMAO Dain is funny. Im not having a fit but i do obviously think its overpowered. Id sacrifice a few strength any day for exertions. I dont like minions gettting more than terror 1. I personally think it shouldnt be terror X it should just be terror as a set keyword that makes you exert at the start of the skirmish like a rohan horse. Bearing that in mind id limit it to heal twice to gain terror 1. But of course its your mechanism, do what you think best!

Event • Assignment
Spell.
H3 C 176

This i WILL have a fit about. Even easier condition to meet and could getting wildy out of control. Up cost severely or just limit it to 2 or something.

And now a miscellaneous card before next time when we explore why on earth you would want all that terror.

2 Terrifying Aura Wraith
Event • Assignment
H3 U 172

Fine but read note below i need clarification.

Thranduil

Thranduil wrote:
sickofpalantirs wrote:

It’s artifacts that are and should be the best weapons against Wraiths, because they’re older and in Middle-Earth older is always better.

Thranduil

If thats the case shouldnt it be IF bearer has an artifact they can use the get out clause, not if they do not bear it?

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards