LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:25 pm
NBarden wrote:
Exhausted? What about the underground and 2x Till Durin Wakes Again (drew my second of 4 Very Happy )?

Ya.

Would’ve re-exhausted you, and possibly dropped a comp or two at site 5.
I had to put something here.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 6:57 pm
My unsolicited opinion is that Anonymous Prodigy and NBarden should have a rematch. Wink
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 8:54 pm
Game Result (if SdA hadn’t crashed)
TheJord’s Elven Hunters w/ Men Archery
vs.
my Elven Hunters w/ StBOoYV

He went first, doubled to 3, and took 5 wounds and 2 burdens. I followed and took a few wounds, plus Elven Guardian died. He moved to 4 and gave me 20, and I played 5 minions. After the dust settled, every one of his 5 companions was exhausted and he had 3 threats. SdA crashed right before I could play Freeps (which would have been playing Gorn, his bow, Andúril, Woodhall Elf, Sword of the Fallen, and anything else I got on my reconcile). My SdA has been jittery lately, especially against NB. Sad
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:24 am
Elessar’s Socks wrote:
My unsolicited opinion is that Anonymous Prodigy and NBarden should have a rematch. Wink

Every time we actually finish a game, I win. Oh yeah, except the time I conceded b/c I didn’t draw a single freeps card in 3 sites. My deck choked quite well. Evil or Very Mad
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:51 pm
My Gondor Miscellaneous Slaughter Deck/Ferny Kill (everyone should know it by now).
Gil-Estel’s Elvent/Ninja Gollum.

Wow. That was THE MOST difficult game I’ve played. It was like his deck was designed to kill mine. I mean, Ferny Kill vs Elvents? Like I can actually take down Galadriel. And Ninja Gollum threat when my primary killing machine is Gorn’s Bow? Ya.

Anyways, he managed to kill off Damrod with Unseen Foe (he was carrying an IB). But that was his only kill. I had control of the sitepath, so I used the sites to heal me. Mithlond, anyone? Anyways, I was also able to use my Much Needed Rest to stay alive as well, so using some healing to get through to 6 was great. The game fell into a ritual, IB Shelob, 3 threats to kill Gollum, exert gorn or use Citadel to Gate to reload threats, next site, same deal, etc. So I was able to stay alive with only 3 comps in the dead pile, two of them roasted by Saved from the Fire, 1 killed by him.

The massive amount of beatdown I put on him forced him to burn events like crazy to stay alive. I mean like crazy. B/c a Pavise on a Chief with soem twilight at the exert to make a man d+1 site is not fun. And since he was base 11, and I had some pumping, he pretty much ditched all of his events to stay alive. And was ditching more from some other beatdown as well, like War Tridents.

Anyways, so by the time Ferny came out, he had managed to lose Initiative with Glimpse of Fate and make me str -2 with Fleet Footed. But, unfortunately, I had 2 Gathering Strength in my hand and overwhelmed him 8-4, with the ability to pump him to 12-4 if necessary.

Great game! He’s the first guy to kill one of my comps!

Game Result: I win.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:36 pm
MY Dwarf/Corsair
AP’s Rainbow Wounding/StBOoYV Beatdown

Closest. Game. Ever. Played.

Wow.

Okay, so I was exhausted at site 2. SITE 2! And had to take 2 burdens at site 3. BTW, that’s not good. Anyways. So what does he do? HE DROPS FERNY AN ARCHER OF HARAD AND A MORGUL CREEPER!

Tons of burdens and wounds keep coming. I end up with Gimli + Ring of Rings + damage + 2 and 7 burdens. Put that in perspective. Exhausted fellowship 1 away from corruption. Yeah. I stop.

So, I have 2 Black Sails of Umbar out and 5 Corsairs +2 Wind that Sped Ships in hand. Oh, and some other token loaded ship, I hit 8. I had previously killed of Glorfindel and used Fierce in Despair on Rumil. Lovin’ it. So, he goes and drops none other than Gandy, with exactly 6 comps. I’m breathing hard. Using some manipulation, I am able to use token reinforcing to nab corsairs with Black Sails of Umbar and reinforce just enough to leave me 2 twilight, 8 Raider tokens and 7 Corsairs. He guns one down and assigns the 6 strength one to Frodo. 2 Wind that Sped Ships, and Frodo + Ring of Doom loses 18-6.

Next site, all he needed was 1 arrow, cause I had 2 threats. 1 arrow away from death, and I killed him.

AWESOME game AP. He told me that was the only time his StBOoYV deck had been beat. Wow.

Result: I WON! Dancing
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 4:41 pm
That was a good game. VERY good, actually. The first loss of the StBOoYV merits a well-earned GP to NB! Applause

And I just switched out Ring of Doom for The Great Ring, by the way. No more Wind that Sped Ships pickin’ on Frodo. Twisted Evil
gil-estel
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:23 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
Ok...Gillian and I played a game:

his dwarfs and hunter uruks
mine dwarfs with Balrog beat down

With all the IB action I faced lately, I decided to built an expanded deck with the balrog Demon of Might...and Mighty he is...Gillian faced him 3 times, 2 times with a sword....ai. He didn’t give me a really hard time, but he almost had gimli overwhelmed...luckily I had an event. Gloin and Durin were my companions, with Stout and Strong and Till Durin wakes again as two awesome conditions! Nice game!
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
Gillian
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 5:34 pm
Actually I didn’t play uruk hunters, I played Uruk&orc hunters discard shadow.
But it doesn’t matter, what is matter is that I’ve lost, and I hate to lose. So now I want another game against someone so I can have peacefull sleap.
Come one someone!
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 9:42 pm
Game Result
TheJord’s Gondor Knights w/ Troll Swarm
vs.
my Rainbow Wounding w/ StBOoYV

The StBOoYV was hungry after losing to NB, and managed to grab a win in this tight game.

He sailed into site 3 with 5 wounds and 3 burdens, and I made it in with 2 wounds and 2 burdens. He used Denethor to play a few companions, but he tasted the fury of StBOoYV at site 4: when the smoke cleared, his entire fellowship was exhausted, he had 4 threats, and Isildur was 1 burden shy of corruption. At site 4. Twisted Evil

He bounced back by killing Rumil with a Troll at my site 4, but then he gave out 24 twilight and I played Neekerbreeker’s Bog and 4 minions, including Ferny and Sauron (Sauron played for 7, btw).

He arrowed Ferny to prevent his text, and then Fourth Leveled and Gondor Bowed Sauron to his death. Black Gate Sentry killed Denethor, though, and Knight of Dol Amroth and Boromir died from threat wounds.

He turned around and killed Gandalf and Eowyn, though, and left 2 others exhausted. He then moved into 6 with Isildur, Gorn, and Elendil exhausted. I played 3 minions, and Elendil died, which triggered his 2 threats and killed Gorn and Isildur. Thought he was going to come back and win, but I edged him out, barely.

Good game! Very Happy

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion