LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

100%
  [ 2 ]  100%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 2
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 5:52 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
--- description ---
Hammer away anyone or anything that comes in your path!
--- end description ---

Hammer away anyone or anything that comes in your path!

MAIN DECK
Rumbling Slum x4
Burning-Tree Shaman x4
Gruul War Plow x3
Scab-Clan Mauler x4
Hunted Troll x4
Petrified Wood-Kin x3
Hunted Dragon x2
Umezawa’s Jitte x4
Gruul Signet x4
Kird Ape x4
Savage Twister x4
Stomping Ground x4
Karplusan Forest x4
Mountain x6
Forest x6

SIDEBOARD
Flame Fusillade x2
Volcanic Hammer x4
Leyline of Lifeforce x2
Shock x4
Naturalize x3

This is the new deck structure, as for now. I’m posting the strategy later, since I’m working right now, and my boss wouldn’t quite like me on the internet...
Now, assemble your decks and go for the ultimate pounding! Just remember to ask "Do you feel lucky, punk?" to your opponents before the beating beggins! Twisted Evil
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Mon May 22, 2006 6:21 pm; edited 3 times in totalI don't like YOU.
Cobra
Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:39 pm
Felipe Musco wrote:
Since the Administrator gave me a hint about the excessive self-destruction of my discarding deck...

LOL, you should definitely not put me on any sort of pedestal when it comes to Magic: the Gathering strategy... I’m no expert, just throwing out my Two Cents Wink

With this Gruul deck, I really like your idea of playing the big, efficient "Hunted" creatures, then using Savage Twister to kill off the little tokens they create. But, only two Twisters... and playing them will also kill off all your little mana-generating creatures... Not sure how to make the combo more efficient, just something to think about.
Last edited by Cobra on Sun May 21, 2006 2:10 am; edited 1 time in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:49 pm
That’s why I only used 2 Twisters, although they can, and should be added to the sideboard, if a player feels the need. Since it also hurts my generators, they’re for ultimate emergencies use only, or when you already have a considerable army out on that field! Wink
However, maybe adding a Borborygmos to make my accelerators bigger may be an idea, maybe taking a Petrified Wood-Kin out, and using Chord to call him faster, or even adding Time of Need, for it’s cheaper cost. (Thanks to La_Sin_Grail’s post for this idea, I’m kind of a newbie, so I’m not familiar with the Kamigawa set).
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 11:35 pm
Seems like a good idea... but I juyst don’t understand some of the card choices. Mana acceleration seems a little unneccessary, especially in the quantities you gave. If you want to play four bops, that’s all well and good, but I’m not sure you need so much mana acceleration.

Oh yeah, NEVER mainboard leyline of lifeforce. I think it could be good in the sideboard, but it’ll be useless at least 2/3 of the time, and if there’s one thing an agro deck can’t do its dead cards.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 11:32 am
Nice tip about the Leyline, I saw that yesterday, during a series of games against defferent deck types. What chenges would you suggest, then? Taking out the Llanowar Elves, the Signets, the Utopia Trees, all of them, or some choice between those? And what should I add? I’m not quite familiar with dissension yet, since the Pre-Release happened yesterday, and I could’nt play.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 12:33 pm
The prerelease was over a month ago...

Anyway. I would say add scab clan mauler, kird ape, and moldervine cloak over Warplows, utopia trees, and birds of paradise. Also, Leylines, twisters and coils can come out for rumbling slum and dryad sophisticate. Try it out- I’ll bet you’ll like the changes.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 9:44 pm
Dryad Sophisticate had already been added by the time I read your post, but it IS nice (since everyone is using the duals now). Rumbling Slum was already there, first cadr of the deck, specially because I had Scab-Clans and they make a nice combo.
I just didn’t like the Moldervine over the Warplows, since I believe trampling is one of the main ideas of the deck. I’m not even thinking about the secondary ability, but in cases of need, it’s also nice to ahve a 4/4 body ready to pop out of nowhere to block.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun May 21, 2006 10:07 pm
See the problem I have with warplow is it takes up so much mana... if you want to play and swing with it, it takes six mana, and more every time you want to reanimate it. I don’t know what you’re playing against, but I would assume that’s a little bit slow. Also, most people will play some sort of artifact destruction, be it tin-street hooligan or putrefy or naturalize. By playing moldervine cloak, you can throw it on a mauler or landwalker and have it all go to their head anyway.

I completely didn’t even think about the fact that you need to add burn... flames of the blood hand especially. Flames lets you win out over almost any sort of board control, and 3/4 of all good decks in standard have lifegain (Ghost Council, Hierarch, helix usually), giving you a possible seven life swing for three mana.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:30 pm
Quote:
La_Sin_Grail said: The Prerelease was over a month ago

As I said before, I live in Brazil, and due to a problem with Devir, the company that makes the distribution of the translated Magic cards here, the Pre-Release was delayed, and it happened only on May 20th...
See my point?
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Mon May 22, 2006 5:37 pm
Oh. Still, though, you should be able to look at the cards on websites in English and/or test on MTG simulation programs, right?

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest