LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
sirrepoman
Posted: Sun Sep 11, 2005 4:17 pm
I have an interesting deck that can add burdens well.
4x Gollum Stinker
4x captured by the ring
4x Shelob Her ladyship
2x A dark shape sprang
4x Slippery as fishes
3x Enquea LOM
2x Hidden from her
4X We must have it
4x Chasm's Edge
4x It's my Birthday
4X Hobbitses are dead

This deck wins for me about 75% of the time however it was built just for fun. I play Hidden from her to make gollum fierce and play three pumps for Gollum. Once he adds a few burdens he is usually a standing 14 with slippery and Chasm's edge. I can add up to 4 burdens a turn. The first if they play a possesion I can assign during the fellowship with a dark shape. 2nd and 3rd during regular skirmish and fierce. Then I can discard during the regroup to add another. I play Shelob for archery and to prevent Durin or Cirdan from fighting Gollum. Like I said the deck is just for fun and I am still working on it since Bloodlines came out. If the fellowship plays a possesion on the ring bearer it is game over with A Dark Shape. Any comments are appreciated
Lord_Of_The_Wind
Posted: Sat Sep 17, 2005 1:18 pm
I would just say that the Nazguls are good at that expecially since there are some Morgul orcs that if you spot a nazgul you have to add a burden to assign them to a skirmish

-Lord Of The Wind
eomer_14
Posted: Mon Sep 19, 2005 10:03 am
solis wrote:
Rares such as?

4 goblin hordes, 2 retrebution, 4 porter trolls, watchful orcs, and ordinance grunts are some of them.
"I will carry a cross and song where i don't belong"
--Switchfoot

"Words that You didn't say were haunting these pages
Faces You didn't make were all I was seeing
The way that they painted You wasn't a picture
of one in control - and I don't think they know who you are"
--Mainstay
Lord_Of_The_Wind
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:56 am
I think the smeagol ones are cool
Boromir
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:17 pm
I don't use them but I think one of the best ways to add burdens is Sauron culture.They have one guy whose is really good is orc officer.His ability is that everytime a companion is overwhelmed by a sauron orc add three burdens.Now i know most people will say that isn't to good because it has to be a orc but that can be overcome by a guy named siege troop.He is a strength of 20 and if needed you can play strength bonus cards since he is still a orc unlike trolls or Sauron. If you put a couple of each in then you should add burdens quick and there are other guys for sauron that are about 17 or so that are good for overwhelming.So it could add burdens real quick.Also there are cards you can play in addition to these guys one is thin and stretched which adds a burden everytime the ring bearer was not in a skirmish and it's kinda mean but if you have too you can purposley not attack so he has to add a burden.Another is verily i come in which every time a card is drawn or taken into hand in the fellowship phase you may add a burden.Another is desperate defense of the ring in which you play it on a companion and every time he is assigned to a skirmish you must discard 3 cards or add aburden which is good for burdens or killing them.Another is the ring's oppression in which everytime a companion is killed you may add a burden and it is not unique so you can use multiple ones at a time.I'm sorry this is so long but i think it will help and add sauron to the list of one of the best burden cultures

Hope this helps everyone
-Boromir
Boromir
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 6:07 pm
Forgot one card it's called the ring is mine what it does is whenever a burden is added you may add another. It's a response event.
hope this helps

-Boromir
Lord_Of_The_Wind
Posted: Thu Sep 22, 2005 7:49 pm
I think it looks good

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion