LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Hazael
Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 9:19 pm
Format: Standard Men

So far it’s working great. Especially against these new Standard format fellowships. I’ve searched long and hard for a good deck to fight off these new fellowship decks, and this one is by far the best. Take a look at how effective these minions can be at archery.
The mumak commander, giant among the swertings works great when you can throw a pavise on him Wink
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Get the pictures to some of these new cards at: http://forums.fanhq.com/viewtopic.php?t=52287

(34)
Minions:
4 Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings
4 Archer of Harad
3 The Mouth of Sauron, Messenger of Mordor
3 Mumak Rider
3 Southron Murderer

Possessions:
2 Long Battle Bow
3 Pavise

Conditions:
4 Howdah
2 Caravan From the South
2 Countless Companies
2 Rapid Reload
2 Wielding the Ring
Last edited by Hazael on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:20 pm; edited 6 times in totalSome of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 11:59 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
WHOA looke pretty good really good
I love the mumak commander
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:02 pm
Cool deck! I like it. Very Happy
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sun Jun 04, 2006 7:55 am
Good deck, Hazael.
I had to put something here.
Hazael
Posted: Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:17 pm
Mouth of Sauron is much better with this deck.

-thanks guys
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 1:52 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Pretty nice deck, Hazael, liked it a lot. I’m a bit rusted, so I don’t know what’s out in standard nowadays, but, is there anything like Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul (from the first block) or Southron Commander (from the second block), to "limit" the Fellowship size? ’Cause most archery decks (and yours is no exception) tend to suffer against big Fellowships, so even if the minion falls out of culture strategy, it may be nice to add some copies of it (if there’s any, of course) to make sure that big Fellowships will pay a harsh price, and small ones will be swarmed with arrows. Other than that, as I said, liked the deck a lot!
I don't like YOU.
Hazael
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:10 pm
I don’t know. I saw a lot of powerful nazguls, but nothing real helpful.

I’m about to remove the caravan from the south and the Wielding the Ring to throw in something better. Probably like 3 whistling strikes and something else good.
Up All Night Productions
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 3:58 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
WHOA looke pretty good really good
I love the mumak commander

Same here; with Pavise he is ultimately cool.
I had to put something here.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:05 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I didn’t exactly meant Nazguls, but anything that can reduce the number of companions, be it Gollum, Uruk, or whatever... What editions are in standard now? I could check on them to see if I can find anything in this area. And I can’t find a card named Whistling Strike, is it typed correctly?
Oh, and if you take out Wielding the Ring, Archer of Harad becomes less useful, and without Caravan from the South Southron Murderer becomes kind of weak (not much, but kind of). Also, I’m not so sure Archer of Harad is THAT good to use 4 copies, but I’ll trust you judgement on this one.
I don't like YOU.
Hazael
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:21 pm
Whistling Death ...I was thinking about whirling strike when I was typing it.

that makes sence... I will leave in the wielding the ring, but I might take out the condition and change the other minion to something that uses resistance or something. I’m thinking about dunlending trapper.

I have a new Men strategic wound deck with dunlending trapper, whistling death, rapid reload, courageous easterling, brave easterling, and bloodthirsty. First two games, it’s killed the companion of my choice on site 2. Of course I throw in the mouth of sauron and pavise Wink

Rohan -nvm this...i am testing something
Up All Night Productions

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard