LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

66%
  [ 4 ]  66%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
ure_d_best
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:06 am
Match up for "BioFlex": Moved to first article above...

Thanks for suggestion from La_sin_Grail.
Last edited by ure_d_best on Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:49 pm
I’d think you should add this to the article (click edit and copy paste it in there), since it may be more helpful to those who have not yet read the comments.

As for the matchups, I have my doubts on this beating gruul or zoo. You’ll probably grab a caryatid, but even so he’s a beat and a burn away, and he isn’t going to kill anything they have except isamaru.

I’m pretty sure they can kill you before you can combo off.

I’ve never seen a good R/G Vore deck, I’d like to see the build on that. Vore that I’ve seen win is always U/R with land bounce- one of the main points of vore.

For burn decks, I don’t think pithing needle will be played... you seem to have interesting decklists (testing). From where do you find them? If it wouldn’t seem rude, I would like to recommend http://sales.starcitygames.com/deckdatabase/index.php?exp=std for looking up decks, or using magicthegathering.com when they publish T8 decks. Also, Zoo and Gruul are different games, and I’d think you should sideboard differently for them.
ure_d_best
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:37 pm
Thanks for the great feedback La_Sin_Grail. Agreed, Grull and Zoo will be tough match and all you are doing is stalling the game with all your creatures, then you pull your Biorhythm for the win. Meloku the clouded Mirror and Kodama of the North Tree will definitely help on this match.

As for deck list, it’s all good. I based my match up on what is being played in our metagame. Your suggestion to look fo Tier decks will certainly help me improve writing better match up analysis. Thank you.

This is one thing still need to discover for BioFlex, if this can compete to bigger tournaments. Right now it is always good to introduce unusual decks with great win conditions... players here are great on making suggestion how to improve the strategy of the deck, it may see more play in FNM if there are interest.

Quote:
I’ve never seen a good R/G Vore deck, I’d like to see the build on that. Vore that I’ve seen win is always U/R with land bounce- one of the main points of vore.

This will be my homework Smile and I will work on an article for it.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:44 pm
I actually read a report of a guy who used biorhythym from a site where I still occasionally trade from (my old home before I found cobracards). He played and missed the T8 by a win, finishing 5-2-1. I think if you polish it and get good matchups, you’ll have a shot. There’s always some rogue decks that go places.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:55 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
What Grail said about the Rogue decks is absolutely true! Here, almost ALL of the biggest tournaments have an unexpected T8, and the reason is simple. Even if you DO find out the rogue’s strategy beforehand, what can you do about it? People tend no just not be prepared for such an event. Oh, and also, I, too, decided to make the G/R Vore deck my homework... Maybe we could try and create something together, inovating and writing a 4-handed article... What do you think? We could start at selecting cards, and then check on numbers (since strategy is mostly set by La_Sin_Grail...), I think it might be a nice challenge.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:12 pm
Sounds good to me. If you guys come up with good ideas, I’m more than happy to make them into efficient decks. All you’ve got to do is holler.

Speaking of which, Felipe, are you going to go to a tourney with those boxes (which day is it again)?
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:16 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I’m still thinking about it, since Benjamin (my friend from California) hasn’t been around the net lately, and he’s the one bringing them...
I’m thinking about playing Izzet, based on Gelectrode and maybe Wee Dragonauts, ’cause of my lack of rares, so I’d probably go with a Guildpact and a Ravnica box, and MAYBE a 9th edition, so I could get my hands on some neat stuff to trade (Wildfire, Magnivore, etc...).
I don't like YOU.
ure_d_best
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:00 pm
I was away for 2 days... and back!

Hey Felipe and Grail, that sounds awesome man. Felipe let’s start the card draft the U/G magnivore, I’m up to that.

Just let me know how you want to handle, should we post in forum as I think it will not be relevant yet on this article contest.

Thanks.
ure_d_best
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 10:48 am
I have question. Is it better to use Llanowar Elves or Coiling Oracle? Thinking of Rakdos match-ups using Seal of Fire, Llanowar becomes a liability, Coiling Oracle is okay at least it nets you 1 card, either land or a card to your hand. This is why I go now with Coiling Oracle.

What is your thoughts?
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:50 am
Depends on your aim. For my U/G Deck, I need the acceleration, so llanowar is the better fit. If you don’t have a specific need of mana accelration, though, I think coiling is better. I think if you have no one-drops or need the accelration turn one for sure, llanowar is a better fit, for anything else, coiling is.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest