LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

66%
  [ 4 ]  66%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 11:42 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Away for 2 days and back again! Just start a thread in Forum, and we can start the draft! Whenever you’re ready! Very Happy
I don't like YOU.
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 3:34 pm
Just visited the site and found this article about Biorhythm. What a great and interesting deck design you have here.

Definitely great strategy and worth a shot. Thank you for this.

Also, this site is awesome!!!
ure_d_best
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:49 pm
Thanks for the great feedback Guest.

Hey Felipe, can you please direct where to find the G/R vore forum? I don’t seem to find where it is.

Also, I’ve play tested the BioFlex deck against Gruul with my friend, the BioFlex run smoothly and able to stall game until you get your combo out. If you accelerate to Kodama of the North Tree it is bonus and with all Evacuation you have it helps.

Worsth macthup are decks packing tons of counter spell, slows your tempo and get rid of your key spells. It is winnable though with all your small creatures hitting board early and just keep attacking.

What you think?
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:08 pm
Erm, best... I hate to say it, but there wasn’t any feedback there.

Almost by definition, all helpful tips are going to say the deck could be better, and I know I don’t mean anything personal or bad about people when I tell them what I think they could do better. It seems a bit shallow to me to say thanks for the empty compliment, but Sad

Gruul isn’t half as much of a problem as ghost husk anymore, anyway, so I think you should be testing against that.
ure_d_best
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:03 am
Point made Grail. I’m just glad to here that there are Guest on cobra site and see it positive that our community here is growing. Although, being guest he may not get into much details on his feedback, but certainly appreciate his comment on the article.

Also Grail, you mentioned about Gruul is not much of problem now, but it is not consistent about your first comment that you have doubt on the deck strategy against Gruul, thus I play tested it. Now I am getting mixed signals.

I’ve already played this against Ghost Husk, and the deck have slim chance on winning against it. It would be good to know your thoughts on how we can improve our chance of winning against Ghost Husk.

With all match up I have played, BioFlex is really awesome against aggro decks other than Ghost Husk but winnable with Evacuation as surprised when they suddenly pull lethal Husk.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 5:45 pm
I do have some doubts, but what I meant is whether or not that is the case, husk is a bigger problem, so...

Anyways... um. how to beat husk?... there’s not really much you could do except play trygon predator. Something more like this is what I was expecting

4 Birds of PAradise
4 Llanowar Elves
4 Trygon Predator
4 Kodama’s Reach
4 Plaxmanta
4 Evacuation
4 Biorhythym
4 Voidslime
3 Mana Leak
3 Kodama of the North Tree

22 lands.

I think that would be better because turn two predator is viscous and allows you to keep mana open to counter a turn three husk.

Just my thoughts, though... I’m not sure what would really make it a good matchup, though, if anything could.
ure_d_best
Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2006 7:53 pm
I can definitely give this a shot. Yes, the Trygon Predator is awesome, with Plaxmanta to save it for Mortify. The voidslime may be too slow against husk, we could add 1 more mana leak instead.

Not having Sakura-Tribe Elder is questionable, as it is good early blocker and accelerates your mana. Any good thought why we should not run STE?
ure_d_best
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:04 pm
Do you think we can add Keiga, the Tide Star as well?
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 6:26 pm
voidslime too slow against husk? You don’t realize that ghost council’s coming into play after "warping out" can be countered, leaving it removed from the game permanently, do you Very Happy? Hurray really cheap tricks!

I can understand three voidslimes, maybe, but you have to have a fair number in a G/U deck. There’s just no reason not to.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:18 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Now THAT’S something I didn’t quite noticed! Nice use for Voidslime indeed, suddenly, I don’t think the price is to steep anymore! Very Happy
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest