LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
45%
  [ 5 ]  45%

36%
  [ 4 ]  36%

9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 11
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:44 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
orian wrote:
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
I will say it’s a bit too long, and not because I’m not willing to put a lot of thought into strategy. IMO, you’d do better focusing on only one or two swarms, and putting a lot of strategy into that. Don’t go for the all-out seven-deck overview-instead, focus on one of those swarms, and explain all the ins and outs of it.

well, the goal was clearly to avoid giving one single strategy and show the multiple swarm possibilities - eventually I might have stayed on one or two deck examples but that would have been depreciating for the other decks.

I could have been far much longer, speaking about uruk swarm, that another article covers in the meantime and which is another great possibility, or eventually a troll swarming deck

about my writing style, well I don’t really realize is it’s easy to read or not, I’m not good enough at English for this Wink

personally I got lost after the first decklist I was not wanting to spend 10-20 minutes fo my comp. time reading ti.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
orian
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:59 am
sickofpalantirs wrote:
orian wrote:
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
I will say it’s a bit too long, and not because I’m not willing to put a lot of thought into strategy. IMO, you’d do better focusing on only one or two swarms, and putting a lot of strategy into that. Don’t go for the all-out seven-deck overview-instead, focus on one of those swarms, and explain all the ins and outs of it.

well, the goal was clearly to avoid giving one single strategy and show the multiple swarm possibilities - eventually I might have stayed on one or two deck examples but that would have been depreciating for the other decks.

I could have been far much longer, speaking about uruk swarm, that another article covers in the meantime and which is another great possibility, or eventually a troll swarming deck

about my writing style, well I don’t really realize is it’s easy to read or not, I’m not good enough at English for this Wink

personally I got lost after the first decklist I was not wanting to spend 10-20 minutes fo my comp. time reading ti.

in this case, you might want to drop reading the decklists - the comments give general approachs , the decklists are only there as a support Wink
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
paippo
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 3:39 am
By far the best article I’ve ever seen on that forum.
It deserves my first post and vote. Applause
Gagnut
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:35 am
I apprecriate your view on swarms, although I wouldn’t consider getting a swarm deck.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
fingolfin
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:36 pm
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
I am amazed by the effort, I will vote later.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 5:49 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
My last quibble: too much substance, not enough flavor. It should be a little more entertaining to read. But you have very excellent examination of strategy. I’m still holding off on voting.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Gagnut
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:32 pm
I think the aricle gaive a great picture, don’t get me wrong, but I think it could have been said with fewwer words.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 5:35 pm
The one main thing I did not like was as mentioned before this article is very long and begins to feel mechanical after the first few decks. Way to many decks are examined IMHO and you left out Uruk-hai swarm (although it look like somone else did that). Would have probably been better to do a 2 or 3 part series instead of cramming it all into one article.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 6:26 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Gagnut wrote:
I think the aricle gaive a great picture, don’t get me wrong, but I think it could have been said with fewwer words.

I think thsi will be your main complaint
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Lord of the Shire
Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:02 pm
Good article. I agree with the others that is was too long, but the whole swarming idea was interesting. Good effort!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest