LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
46%
  [ 6 ]  46%

38%
  [ 5 ]  38%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

7%
  [ 1 ]  7%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 13
orian
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 4:38 am
I loved the article, Applause because it reminds me all time and indeed I used to play this deck

I would add to the comments:

- in expanded, there is a huge swarm deck mixing Isengard and Moria, with a lot of cycling thanks to
abandoning reason for madness
and
hate and anger
+ little guys such as goblin runner
and conditions to bring them back old style true Moria such as they are coming

otherwise, I prefer Uruk-hai swarm too and it’s really easy to do with cycling cards such as strange device and good minions like vigilant uruk and tyrannical uruk - you might eventually want to put some Isengard in it, like uruk regular

also, last possibility is to swarm thanks to lowered resistance with the new bloodlines Uruk-hai:
uruk aggressor
uruk invader
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
donimator
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:32 am
Overall a good article. I much preferred Isengard Uruks to the newer Uruk-hai ones. That said, this strategy is a bit dated, but well explained. I always liked coupling Isengard swarms with hand extension through site control with cards like Attack on Helm’s Deep and Uruk Besieger, Uruk trooper and Uruk Veteran. With the twilight reductions of those cards and others, you can usually play minions off of controlled sites for next to nothing (or nothing!). Site liberation was always kind of weak and seems moreso now, so the danger of losing your stacked minions is nil.
A good friend will bail you out of jail. A really good friend will be sitting beside you saying, "Man, we screwed up!"
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 12:06 pm
bobtheorc wrote:
Also AP I was just wondering where my grammar was bad? Not an accusation or anything I just wanted to know so I can fix it.
I was hurry today to get my article finished so I guess I missed some stuff.

Not anything in particular, you just left out some punctuation and had a few run-on sentences.
I had to put something here.
bobtheorc
Posted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 7:38 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
sperzdechly wrote:
bobtheorc wrote:
but I will admit that there are some very nice 3 twilight Uruk-hai minions.

Well, in fact there are even nicer for 2 twilight - Vigilant Uruk (the best for swarms)! Smile But he is more effective in only Uruk-hai deck.
Quote:
I also think that it is usually easier to get Isengard uruks that it is to get Uruk-hai mnions. But that is all my opinioni.

I’d rather disagree. In my player community is easier to get Uruk-hai. Mostly because we’ve got many beginners or players who joined LOTR year or two ago, so they don’t have older cards.
Quote:
I will be taking the swords out of my other deck soon as I do see that they are redundant and I often ended up discarding them in the regroup phase.

But you see - problem with swords is like that: you set up a hand on 5th site to swarm opponent, you draw let’s say... the last 2 cards, and get 1 FP card, 1 minion and 1 sword and end with 6 minions on hand. If you put minion instead of sword, you would have 7 minions which is quite a serious threat, while 6 isn’t so... swarmy Smile

Wow, Vigilant Uruk is good. I get your point about having newer players, but in my area it is the opposite. A lot of people have Isengard and few have Uruk-hai. Also I thought I was saying that swords were bad for decks? Think I do know what the problem with swords is, maybe you were just showing me why?

donimator wrote:
Overall a good article. I much preferred Uruks to the newer ones. That said, this strategy is a bit dated, but well explained. I always liked coupling swarms with hand extension through site control with cards like Attack on Helm’s Deep and Uruk Besieger, Uruk trooper and Uruk Veteran. With the twilight reductions of those cards and others, you can usually play minions off of controlled sites for next to nothing (or nothing!). Site liberation was always kind of weak and seems moreso now, so the danger of losing your stacked minions is nil.

That is one nice thing about the Uruk-hai swarm. It is very adaptable to different strategies. That does seem like a good one.

And finally orian, I did say that Goblin Runner was a good swarm cards, but I didn’t know much else about combining Moria with Isengard.
Interesting idea.

Thanks for all the feedback guys! Applause
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
orian
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 4:40 am
I’ll try to give you my shadow (although it was some years ago, I don’t remember everything):

4x goblin runner
3x goblin sneak
3x goblin scavengers
2x they are coming
3x goblin armory
3x goblin scimitar
1x the underdeeps of Moria
3x hate and anger
3x abandoning reason for madness
4x uruk regular
10x other uruks at 1 or 2
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
fingolfin
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:19 am
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
nice, but why are so many people posting swarm?
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:43 pm
LOVED the article, I’d give it a five if my account is activated in time. Applause Applause I live close to bobtheorc and My brother and I don’t get Uruk-hai very often, it’s more Isengard uruk-hai.
bobtheorc
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:14 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
orian wrote:
I’ll try to give you my shadow (although it was some years ago, I don’t remember everything):

4x goblin runner
3x goblin sneak
3x goblin scavengers
2x they are coming
3x goblin armory
3x goblin scimitar
1x the underdeeps of Moria
3x hate and anger
3x abandoning reason for madness
4x uruk regular
10x other uruks at 1 or 2

Pretty sweet.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:20 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
fingolfin wrote:
nice, but why are so many people posting swarm?

only 2 have that is not a lot.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Gagnut
Posted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 6:43 pm
I thought it was a great article, I’ll give you a five because I think it’s the best article this month.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest