LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

71%
  [ 5 ]  71%

14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 7
fingolfin
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:21 am
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
--- description ---
Shadow deck strategy featuring an Evil Men swarm.
--- end description ---

The (Almost) Immortal Men

Men... One of the three new cultures. They are the combination of Dunland Raider Wraith men and some Isengard. I would talk about Men archery, but, since that is not what kind of cards I have, I would like to focus on a kind of man swarm, a swarm that is unique, a swarm that is focused on they reliability to make them fierce. Oh, and the alternate title is how I learned to make Men Immortal and overwhelm Companions with 6 strength minions.

First off, the Deck that follows is a deck that I have been modifying for months and the strategy is based on making minions fierce and Immortal.
By the way, the Mouth of Sauron is used to get the good cards out Really fast.

Shadow Side: 35 cards

Minions
Mouth of Sauron x2
Rampaging Easterling x2
Frenzied Dunlending x4
Legion of Harad x3
Dunlending Patriarch x3
Swarthy Bree-Lander x2
Corsair Champion x2
Poleaxe x4
Pavise x4
Harmless x4
Driven from the plains x2
Overrun x3

The strategy is on getting out the Harmless early and make the main companions “Harmless.” Like in a Noble Leaders deck, That adds a lot of twilight. I get Harmless on a companion who loses a skirmish, (not a very hard thing) and the Free Peoples player is in trouble the rest of the game.
But moving on.

Towards the middle of the game with this deck against a Noble leaders deck, a few Harmless are on some companions and I Place down Rampaging Easterling and Mouth of Sauron, I exert him to play Pavise on himself, then I exert him to place down Poleaxe and 3 Driven from the plains or maybe another Harmless. Skirmish Phase, Mouth of Sauron with Pavise and Poleaxe fights Aragorn Strider. he discards 3 driven from the plains, (or less) to make him Damage +3. He wins.

Now lets stop this imaginary fight here, the fierce bonuses are killer for Rampaging Easterling because each time another minion wins, he gets stronger so if you had even more minions it keep on getting better.

Another Scenario is, you have Poleaxe down on one of the many high strength minions and you can overwhelm the weaker companions and then make them fierce.

And going on the deck has Corsair Champion in it, Which works well with Harmless.

In conclusion, this is not the deck for the kind of awesome swarm that you get out of Uruk-Hai put it is not to be out done with Minion Survival rate has to be the highest of any culture.
Last edited by fingolfin on Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:10 am; edited 2 times in totalSoldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
orian
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:32 am
I have a harmless deck too...
and that just doesn’t work for me

because you don’t win any skirmish so you can never use Harmless
and yet I’m playing far more pumps than you do

how do you hope to win skirmishes against ents, gondorian or elves?
I don’t manage to see it

and what does you deck do if harmless is discarded?

I like the general idea but I think you can do far better than the deck you provided at the moment Think
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
sperzdechly
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:30 pm
I agree with orian - that’s doesn’t work for me. You didn’t managed to convince me to this concept. You should really work on formating text, so your article would look nice. Then is much easier to read. Why you mention only Noble Leaders deck? You have also many mistakes in your text. Write [+Ringwraith] and [+Isengard] without "+" sign to get culture icon.

Harmless is poor strategy, scenarios you described are very specific (it should be general as much as it possible and work with different opponent’s decks), and you didn’t wrote anything about swarming! How you would like to play 6-7 minions in this deck?

I’ll give you 3. Keep trying to write, read several times article before you post it here (corect mistakes). I hope your next article will be on 5. Smile
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:36 pm
I agree with orian and sperzdechly. The article was fairly good, but your grammar was a little off and the concept of the deck could have been better put. I give it a 3. Applause
I had to put something here.
Gagnut
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:01 am
Hey, don’t fry him for bad grammer, I’ve seen alot worse on this site.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
fingolfin
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:14 am
orian wrote:
I have a harmless deck too...
and that just doesn’t work for me

because you don’t win any skirmish so you can never use Harmless
and yet I’m playing far more pumps than you do

how do you hope to win skirmishes against ents, gondorian or elves?
I don’t manage to see it

and what does you deck do if harmless is discarded?

I like the general idea but I think you can do far better than the deck you provided at the moment Think

I win High strength minions, make them fierce, then when they win make an awewome swarm with the Rampaging Easterling... but I have struggled with this deck before, but it is my best deck and it will only get better as I tweak it.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
Hazael
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:45 pm
This deck actually wouldnt do so bad against elven. You just need countless companies for pavise. Even ent or gondor wouldnt be too hard to win skirmishes. I am thinking about IB. That could ruin your day in a hurry. So would a good Dwarven deck.
This strategy works great against any event fellowships.
Elven twins/Noble leaders/Gandalf/ect

swarthy bree-lander is a must... that card is great with this strategy. Cool
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
sperzdechly
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:23 am
Hazael wrote:
This deck actually wouldnt do so bad against elven. You just need countless companies for pavise. Even ent or gondor wouldnt be too hard to win skirmishes. This strategy works great against any event fellowships.
Elven twins/Noble leaders/Gandalf/ect

I actually disagree. Elves and Gandalf would smash this deck in a moment - they have to mach discard condition. Seclusion, Company of Archers, Brooding on Tomorrow, Deep in Thought, Sleep Caradhras, New Awekened, Introspection, Treebeard, and so on... So you can forget about win with them.

And I cannot imagine winning any skirmish with good designed Noble Leaders. It sets up very fast (Denethor) and has really powerful companions.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:14 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
it was OK I think the strategy had some gaps but other people pointed those out. you get a 3
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
fingolfin
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:56 am
Danke, for your votes.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest