LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

33%
  [ 1 ]  33%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 3
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:07 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
So what are you saying? Genjus on the SB? Or something else?
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:14 pm
I would say you’ll want 6 win conditions main. Looks to me like that’s 4 vores and 2 genjus.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 4:53 pm
It’ coming, guys! It’s booster party tonight! I’ll post the rares here tomorrow, and also I’ll post my DEFINITIVE Regionals deck, and start turning this thread into a REAL Article!!! Tks for the feedback from everyone here, so far!
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:37 pm
Kewl. I should be on a little bit tonight, more tomorrow.

I may be increasingly busy, though, as it is state champs this weekend for those of us in the U.S.A., and I refuse to get tenth again- I’m going T8 all the way!
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:41 pm
And what are you playing? That direct damage deck of yours? Are you going to write an Article on the weekend, after? I’ll get to "tune up" mine as soon as I get back from (or rather, get knocked out of) the Regionals. If you’re playing a new deck, post it here, so I can playtest mine against it!
Edit: Nevermind, read the format...
In my area, the only sealed tournaments we play is the Pre-Releases, wich I think it’s a bummer! I like Sealed much better, everyone stands a chance (alright, a FAIR chance), budget or not.
I don't like YOU.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:45 pm
State champs for me is limited, not constructed! I’ll end up with some sort of deck involving Green and Red, though, I’m pretty sure. I always do, somehow.

If you want to get on apprentice real quickly, I’m happy to run some mainstream decks against yours to see how it does!

Yes, I will write an article, something about why why why did I play that one bad card that ended me just barely out of the T8 again lol. Limited articles are some of the best to read because they have the most room for creativity, in my opinion.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 5:51 pm
Now, THIS article is gonna become a lot of fun! A friend of mine just called, he’s going Regionals as well, but he hasn’t got a single card of the Rav block, save for some boosters (4, I think) of Dissension (mostly simic), and he got out and bought...what? a GOLGARI deck! Now, I have to assemble MY deck, and turn a bunch of cards into a Golgari deck (and there’s no way he’s playing anything else, he already said that...), so I’ll write tomorrow night a full analysis of what we came up with. So far, I’m thinking about using Savra to his advantage, by using Golgari Germination along with Oni Possession (check this out, Cleston, might come in nicely with your budget Golgari deck!) and some cheap accelerators, MAYBE leading to Sengir Vampire (well, it’s the only thing I’ve got so far, didn’t open the boxes yet...). Also thinking about combining it with Unholy Strength (it being cheaper, although I’m SURE Conor’s gonna complain about it, Moldervine Cloak being better and all... Laughing ), Mourning Thrull and A LOT of removals. Some enchantment killers on the SB, and I think we’ll be good to go!
I don't like YOU.
Cobra
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 6:34 pm
Sheesh, one or two mentions of Moldervine Cloak and I’m branded a Cloak fanatic for life... Laughing

Moldervine is especially good in Limited-format decks, because speed generally isn’t the highest priority and because the dredge ability is incredible when you only have one copy of something. For a constructed deck that needs to be fast, I certainly won’t argue against Unholy Strength instead. Cool
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 10:00 pm
I don’t know... creature enchants don’t thrill me without silhana ledgewalker. I just don’t like the idea of getting 2-for-1ed.

I actually like the idea of sengir vampire as well as ursapine. Both could be very valuable tools in the deck. And don’t forget golgari rotwurms!
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:05 am
Golgari Rotwurms? How exactly are THOSE helpful? I think they’re just plain expensive... Oh, new cards are in, I’m still sorting them so I can post them here tonight, but just a flavor: I’VE GOT A FREAKING FOIL GHOST DAD!!!!!!! Actually, funny story: I was cracking open the boosters, and was just complaining outloud, since I’ve got A LOT of Orzhov cards, and no Ghost Council. I said "gee, I COULD open a foil one..." and IT HAPPENED! Then, I laughed my ass off, and said "now, the only thing missing is another one, even non-foil". Guess what came out the very next booster? Huahuahuauhauhuahuha
Last edited by Felipe Musco on Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:55 pm; edited 1 time in totalI don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest