LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 9:11 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
here is my ent decks freeps side it has won 7 out of eight games

Gandalf LOM(starting fellowship)
Huorn(starting fellowship)
Ent Horde
Gandalf Leader of the Company
Host of Fangorn
Radagast the Brown
Treebeard KOTW
Skinbark Fladrif
Quickbeam, Bregalad

Pallando, Far Travelling One
Alatar, Final Envoy
3 Enraged
3 Strange meeting
1 Ent Draught
1 Sent back
1 look to my coming
1 Servant of the Secret Fire
1 Flame of Arnor
4 the Terror of His Coming
2 Saved From the Fire
2 A Wizard is Never Late
3 Traveled Leader
2 Roused
1 Concerning Hobbits
1 Hobbit Sword
1 Bounder
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:59 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
my ent deck uses saved from the fire to burn gandalf lom in t5he beginging
you grad a sent back a gandalf and another saved from the fire, burn gandalf and grab gandalf and saved from the fire and an ent, burn gandalf and grab the same thing as last time then burn the forest guardian to grab 3 more ents, gets all of your fellowship out at once (gives like 40 twighlight) but its usually early in the game so they wont have there key cards out yet
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
michael knight
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 8:19 pm
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
Are you doing all of the in the same turn? The rule of 4 says that you can only draw or take into hand four cards in your fellowship phase. (pg. 15 of the comp. rules). Since Saved says take into hand, it only makes sense to use one Saved per turn. It’s cool if you are doing across several turns though.
One Man Can Make A Difference
josiah_of_rohan
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:12 pm
Joined: 13 Aug 2005 Posts: 723 Location: Indianapolis,Indiana
well it depends on the group of people who ur playing with... at tourneys or if im with a strickt groud we use the rule of 4, in other playing environments we say, if you can draw then draw...
my trade ist is here http://trade.mahasamatman.com/Rings/list_show.pl?user=keltnerj
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:16 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Check out this article: http://lotrtcg.fanhq.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ID=944&Part=1
It features Gandalf, Bearer of Obligation, Quickbeam, Hastiest of all Ents, Momentous Gathering, and Shepherd of the Trees in an awesome combo to get those ents into play...but in the Maneuver phase! Peek-a-boo Ents! Very Happy
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
michael knight
Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:14 am
Joined: 13 Mar 2006 Posts: 105 Location: Above the Law, Ohio
Yeah, that’s cool. We used to do that until I broke Birthday Present, then we all decided to play tournament rules all the time. There are so few tournaments now anyways you have to play when, and how, you can.
One Man Can Make A Difference
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:52 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i liek to use saved from the fire to get a couple a wizard si never late.
and then treebeard KOTW it si really sweet adn gets my deck set up uber fast
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
syndrome
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:42 pm
Momentous Gathering > Saved from the Fire.
http://myspace/delicatesituation
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:51 pm
anxiouscheieftain is right, ents will cause the twilight pool to overflow anyway, so why not go to the extreme? start with two copies of huorn and the gandalf ringbearer, then use saved from the fire to burn one of the huorns to get radagast or skinbark or leaflock or shiperd of the trees or whoever takes your fancy. thats how i played it back when i did but thats only how i did it, im not sayin its the best way, but it worked
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:53 pm
Phazanzar wrote:
Momentous Gathering > Saved from the Fire.
That depends on your purposes... If you are running Gandalf, then Saved from the fire can be a much better choice as it allows a faster setup and more cards pulled from the draw deck at the expense of a couple of companions (not a huge deal if you are trying to stay around 5 companions anyway). Momentus gathering is good in ent decks, but I would probably include it as additional filtering.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded