LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
27%
  [ 3 ]  27%

54%
  [ 6 ]  54%

9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
9%
  [ 1 ]  9%

Total Votes : 11
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:01 pm
mhs777. A one. you give it a one. Maybe it isn’t the best article in the world but if you really dislike it enough to give it a one then you should give a better reason why. Ninja Gollum is not dead. Promise keeping and not this time! are still in so I say it lives!
Last edited by elf lvr on Tue Jul 04, 2006 9:04 am; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
orian
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:33 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
I can still kill you with Standard ninja gollum.
Check this out:
Go first, pull a Saved From the Fire on Smeagol. Grab Little Snuffler 2x, and Gollum, Dark as Darkness. This is death to any ARB. End of game.

Finally, you seem to think that the only format of play is Standard. I recognize Expanded as a legitimate and skillful format as well. In fact, it’s one of the best.

... any ARB with which ring? lol
in fact little snuffler 2X + gollum, dark as darkness = 3 wounds

ring of doom: +2 life points
ring of rings: can take a burden instead of wound
reflections ring: +1 life point

now what I like to do myself is saved from the fire to take not this time, final strike and promise keeping, or plotting if I have one of the three in hand.

@portertroll: ninja gollum is dead. I agree. But gollum is not, not this time will provide other solutions and final strike remains a killer card.
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
BearerOfWisdom
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:11 pm
I played against a ninja deck once and beat the holy heck out of it. I think it is the way I build my decks though. I am interested in playing against something like this again though. Maybe I will build one or have a friend build one. The combos I used were the old school Sting, exert to make Gollum strength -2, Gandalf from Shadows (strength +2 in region three etc), Theoden with all his hardware and hearken to me, (the now banned Galadriel but she didn’t make any real difference) Sam, four promises and four G for Grands. with all the hardware on the companions and with Frodo and Sam being huge there wasn’t much chance for Gollum or Shelob to not be overwhelmed. Sure my opponent would say that Gandalf can’t skirmish but with Theoden being a 15 or 16 and exerting to make Gollum weak it was easy to overwhelm them. I also had Radagast for the move limit bonus. I just walked right to site 9... I don’t have this deck built anymore because of the banned issue but it can easily be rehashed.
I tend to use Gandalf alot. There isn't any other character in the game as useful or powerful. I also focus on decks that work together free people and minion.
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 2:05 pm
i still say that ninja gollum is dead, all the cards needed to make it have been rotated.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:05 pm
Try playing Phazanzar with him using it and see if you still have the same opinion when the game is over. Wink
I had to put something here.
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:23 pm
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
I can still kill you with Standard ninja gollum.
Check this out:
Go first, pull a Saved From the Fire on Smeagol. Grab Little Snuffler 2x, and Gollum, Dark as Darkness. This is death to any ARB. End of game.

Finally, you seem to think that the only format of play is Standard. I recognize Expanded as a legitimate and skillful format as well. In fact, it’s one of the best.

Wait, What? how can little snuffler kill any alternate ring bearer? and what if they wear the one ring or have the ring of doom on it wont work.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:01 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
They can’t wear the One Ring; it’s just the Shadow phase! They can’t put it on! Twisted Evil
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
orian
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:13 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
They can’t wear the One Ring; it’s just the Shadow phase! They can’t put it on! Twisted Evil

stop saying nonsenses please (confer my previous post)
portertroll is completely right
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:19 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
can someone please tell me who won the article contest adn who got second?

I know sup3zro won but who got second?
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:25 am
actually, CG is sort of right. not quite sure if that combo is ’instant death to any A-R’ but most rings can only be put on during maneuver or skirmish. Even the common says ’each time the ring-bearer is about to take a wound in a skirmish’ even though it is a response action. I think ring of rings is the only ring you can put on during shadow, and you can’t put any ring on during regroup.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest