LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

66%
  [ 4 ]  66%

16%
  [ 1 ]  16%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 6
Eomer3rdMarshal
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:49 am
Joined: 14 Apr 2006 Posts: 163 Location: Riding free in the Westfold
Thanks for your suggestions. I’ll make some changes. But... I can’t add Haleth. If you didn’t notice, this is prehunters standard, and Haleth is Hunters. Otherwise, he’d be in there. Very Happy
"Forth Eorlingas!"
Pipeweed
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 11:56 am
Well, very nice article, but it seems a little bit iffy. The FP side could be owned pretty easily by quite a few cards, having seven companions and all. My Ninja Gollum deck would probably kill this FP side with Hidden Even From her, Shelob, Her Ladyship, etc. It would be much more powerful I think if you cut the FP companions down to 5.

As for the shadow, it looks like a neat idea but getting companions down to 2 resistance could prove a challenge.

All in all, interesting article, interesting deck, and it could be very good with a bit of tweaking. I give you a 4.

Cheers Very Happy
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Eomer3rdMarshal
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 1:38 pm
Joined: 14 Apr 2006 Posts: 163 Location: Riding free in the Westfold
sperzdechly wrote:
Nice article. Simple and consistent. You kept the article form and present good grammar. Personally I love Rohan and Uruks and have played this since beginnings of these cultures.

Maybe firstly I’ll comment the comments:
1. 7 companions - IMHO it can be even to less - I’d play 9. Of course there are cards which will punish it, but untill opponent drwas them, you can be 3-4 sites ahead. Then It would be to late for any punishment Smile And I suppose that every player isn’t stupid - if there is real danger in having 6 companions, he’ll play 5 and discard the rest.

Actually, I cut one, as I think that is a bigger problem.

2. 8 mounts - it is OK. There are many cards using mounts (White Hot Fury, Riding Like the Wind). The faster you’ll get it the better. And you have to keep in mind shadows cards, which discards possesions.

I agree.

My pieces of adivice:
1. Veteran Horseman would be nice in this deck, he can become very powerful. Consider also adding Haleth, Son of Hama - he prevent your horses from beeing discarded (which would be very painful for this deck) - I’d say he’s even a must-have.

Put in horseman.

2. Add at leat one Tempest of War. It’s not unique so you can play 2 or 3 of them and cause additional reduction of resistance.
3. Shadow is reducing resistance, but make no use of that. Change several minons (like Lookout Uruk and Relentless Uruk - I never liked nor used them) to Saruman, AotDL, Uruk Desecrator, Uruk Dominator. They all are from BR starter so shouldn’t be hard to get.

Why Desecrator? Both Shingle In a Storm and Squad of Uruk-hai use low resistance, but I don’t need any more resistance reduction. I did edit it some, though...

Aa you wrote this isn’t tier one deck, but that wasn’t the goal of this article. You managed to build cheap and playable deck. I like your style. I’d give you 4, but as it is your first article I’ll give you 5 - great start!
"Forth Eorlingas!"
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:40 pm
sperzdechly wrote:
Aa you wrote this isn’t tier one deck, but that wasn’t the goal of this article. You managed to build cheap and playable deck. I like your style. I’d give you 4, but as it is your first article I’ll give you 5 - great start!

Bad. Don’t go easy on someone just because it was their first article. If he’s perfect at the start, how can he improve? It was a very nice article, however, probably a four from me.

My philoshophy on companions is either play five, or if your goin to play more than five, might as well play nine.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest