LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
bobtheorc
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:08 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
bobtheorcs Might Of The Elves
Here is the Free Peoples side to one of my decks.
It needs some help mainly in what I should try to focus on and what starting fellowship to use. Please post feedback.
Ringbearer
Galadriel Bearer of Wisdom Rare
The One Rings, Answer To All Riddles
Free Peoples
(Starting Fellowship)
Elrohir, Son of Elrond
Elladan, Son of Elrond
OR Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath and
Legolas, Woodland Emissary

Companions
Legolas, Woodland Emissary
Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men
Gil-Galad, Elven High King
Cirdan, The Shipwright
Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath
Elrond, Elven Lord

Possessions:
3x Elven Sword
1x Nenya, Ring of Adamant
2x Elven Marksmanship
1x Glimpse of Fate
4x Elven Bow
1x Narya, Ring of Fire
1x Vilya, Ring of Air
1x Aiglos
1x Legolas’ Bow
1x Gwemegil
1x Asfaloth, Elven Steed
1x Hadafang
1x Blade of Lindon

Conditions:
1x The Splendor of their banners
1x Glimpse of Fate

Events
1x Forewarned
2x Defiance
4x Valor
2x Supporting Fire
1x Double Shot
2x Final Shot

So anyway just post some ideas or ways to make this deck work better.
I will post th shadow side soon.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:43 pm
well we all know elven bows are great splashes in strength decks, but i think you’re all over the place with different strategies. I have two elf decks, one with Glorfindel and Arwen and one with the elf twins. Both are good, but don’t put them together. My best deck, i would say, is the elf twins. In that deck, i also have Gil-galad and Cirdan. It works okay and Gil’s regroup ability helps when i need to double and didn’t overwhelm the minions. Or with the archery splash maybe you want to order some of the new hunters cards. Good old elven bows are fine, though. Both great ideas, just seperate them our. Also, some good events for elves are still needed and attunement. Great combo. Those are just my opinions, hope it helped.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:17 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Definitely use Sword of the Fallen, and combo that with Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men, if you have her. Her ability is enough to overwhelm most non-enduring minions, when combined with Sword of the Fallen.

Attunement is best when used with cards that can stick Elven events back on top of your draw deck. But it’s an awesome card. If you’re going with the Elf twins, you have to include plenty of events, especially for Elrohir...and Elladan helps make events like Attunement free.

Attunement is awesome, because it also can help you set up a Shadow hand for the next turn.

If you’re going for a Galadriel RB, beware corruption. Get those burdens away!

Decide if you want to do archery or skirmish events, and focus your deck.

You’ve also got a full nine companions...that’ll bomb against "Rule of 5" cards.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:37 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
First of all, Glimpse of Fate appears also as a Possession, and I’m pretty sure Forewarned is a Condition...
Liked CG’s combo. I think you could make one hell of an elven archery deck, adding more Double Shots and exchanging the Legolas for Legolas, Son of Thranduil, since it ALREADY is an Archer, and he may fire two times, depending on the site! Or maybe good old fashioned Legolas, Greenleaf... Oh, and do raise the number of The Splendor of their banners. This way, instead of waiting to play it on Galadriel, you could just play it on Son of Thranduil and overexert him, playing the next one on her and keeping the number of arrows high. Also think you’re missing Break the Charge AND The Tale of Gil-Galad, although I’m not sure if there’s something better nowadays... I think you could concentrate on archery, losing some of those Strength boosting events, since Arwen and Glorfindel alone would slay A LOT of minions with those swords... In concentrating on archery and possessions, you could also lose Cirdan and his ring, adding another kind of elven artifact.
Oh, and you could try to pair this Fellowship with a Gollum shadow, so you can manipulate the Adventure Path better, making full use of Forests and Rivers for Legolas, SoT. Some healing wouldn’t be bad, either...
I don't like YOU.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:46 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Arwen QOEAM + Sword of the Fallen wasn’t actually my idea...I think Phazanzar mentioned it in a game vs. me.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
bobtheorc
Posted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:03 pm
Thanks for alll the feedback I still would like more though. Very Happy
I will take out the elven twins (I already have a deck with just them and Galadriel)
I may try to get another Elven Markmanship, I am getting another The Splendor of their Banners. I personally really like the legolas that I have.
I will post the shadow side which is Berserkers with [isengad] tokens soon.
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Gagnut
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 10:59 am
You are probably going to change your deck with hunters out, right?
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
bobtheorc
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:58 pm
Maybe however I dont know of stuff in Hunters that help archer elves that much.. Confused
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded