LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
75%
  [ 12 ]  75%

18%
  [ 3 ]  18%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

6%
  [ 1 ]  6%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 16
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 3:58 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
You know, Cobra, I think this just might be the first perfect 5 article we’ve had. Or were there others?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:14 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
i have decided you get a five.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
fingolfin
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:05 am
Joined: 30 Mar 2006 Posts: 321 Location: it's getting hotter in Iowa every day
What about Swarm, This deck is based on getting rid of cards and playing the Half of the deck that is events. Very few possessions in this deck, Granted elves have always had weak Hand Weapons, But, This deck only has 5, of which only two are hand weapons. No Archery, That would mess things up a bit, but elves with-out archery takes some things out. Judging by these factors, Against most good decks, I am skeptical about how it will stand up against them. I’ll give you a four.
Soldier: why'd you do that captain?

John Wayne: Because I hate your guts!!

Exerpt from "Iwo Jima."
Pipeweed
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:17 am
My Expanded Moria Swarm Archery deck could probably beat this deck. I usually swarm with about 10 minions, with 10 archery, and then I wound your guys over and over in the archery with Bitter Hatred.

Still, a very, very good article and I will most definetely try out this idea. I’ll give you four for it. Great Work Very Happy I can’t wait to see more from you.
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:08 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
You know, Cobra, I think this just might be the first perfect 5 article we’ve had. Or were there others?

not anymore obwiously someone thought it wasn’t best still it was oen of the best articles I have seen
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:42 pm
aww CRAP! now my article has to go up against yours! i have no chance, thats ok tho, u deserve it! great article!
Cobra
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:28 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:

I don’t think any article will ever maintain a perfect 5-star rating for the whole month. That’s definitely not a bad thing... rather, it’s the mark of a diverse readership with high standards. Cool

As I write this, though, "The Time of the Elves is Over!?" is the highest-rated article in our database, bumping AnxiousChieftain’s The Gandalf Splash out of the top spot. You can check this yourself by selecting Sort by: best rating at the top of the main LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest page. (A nice feature for reviewing highlights from previous months!)
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Sup3rZ3ro
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:21 am
Quote:
What about Swarm

Based on your comment it seems as though you think swarm decks will be a problem. Possessions is by far not the only way of dealing with swarm shadows. Actually I think possessions are way too unrealiable. Many of them play on certain companions sometimes clogging your hand or sometimes you will just sigh resigned when you have just played a possession only to get it discarded in the following shadow phase.

An Elven sword on galadriel would not save her. The events will though. So I would not consider it a weakness that this deck "only" has 5 possessions.

Quote:
No Archery, That would mess things up a bit, but elves with-out archery takes some things out.

Elven archery has especially after the release of Bloodlines, Expanded Middle-Earth and Hunters seen increased play. And it is not undeserved. But concluding that elves without archery is weak is not correct. Archery decks are radically different from Elven telepathy. One must remember that wounding is not the only way to seize a win against the opponent. This deck has actually done well against decks normally considered to be tier 1. It has won against Forestguls, Corsairs, Morcs and Bill Ferny kill.

Quote:
My Expanded Moria Swarm Archery deck could probably beat this deck.

You are probably right. But have in mind that it is an expanded deck you mentioned. Decks from expanded format is of course better than decks from standard format since the card pool is considerably bigger. It is only natural that this deck can’t stand up for itself at all times. I specifically pointed out in the article that this deck is not tier 1, hence the title of the article "The time of the elves is over!?"

Bitter Hatred would really wreck the deck:D Directed wounding at almost no cost:D Luckily I am not likely to see it in standard format.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:07 pm
Very impressive article, Sup3rZ3ro. If you can keep up the article quality that this article has, you will be able to give AC and AdultLink a run for thei money. I give it a 5, definitely.
I had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:58 pm
Cobra wrote:
As I write this, though, "The Time of the Elves is Over!?" is the highest-rated article in our database, bumping AnxiousChieftain’s The Gandalf Splash out of the top spot.

It deserves it though! I give this article a 5. Great job!
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest