LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Chang
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 12:24 am
These decks are all newly built. I havn’t had a chance to play test. hoping to get your advice.

Gandalf’s Men

Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer

Gandalf, The White Wizard
Gandalf, Leader of Men
Grimbeorn, Beorning Chieftain
Brand, King of Dale
Radagast, The Brown x2
Treebeard, Keeper of the Watchwood
Barliman Butterbur, Prancing Pony Proprietor
Hugin, Emissary from Laketown

Shadowfax, Greatheart
Glamdring, Lightning Brand
Gandalf’s Staff
Radagast’s Staff x2
Sting

Fireworks x2
Servant of the Secret Fire x2
Strength of Spirit x3
Intimidate x4
Look to My Coming x4

Elves

Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom

Gil-Galad, Elven High King
Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men
Elrond, Venerable Lord
Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath
Legolas, Archer of Mirkwood

Aiglos
Gwemegil
Asfaloth
Nenya, Ring of Adamant
Vilya, Ring of Air
Bow of the Galadhrim
Legolas’ Sword
Naith Longbow x2
Elven Sword x3

The Tale of Gil-Galad
Gift of Boats
Ancient Enmity x2
Forearmed x2
Supporting Fire x4
Elf-song x3

Gondor Men

Boromir, Bearer of Council

Elendil, The Tall
Anarion, Lord of Anorien
Denethor, Wizened Steward
Faramir, Captain of Gondor

Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
Blade of Gondor
Faramir’s Bow
Flaming Brand
Knight’s Spear x3
Boromir’s Gauntlets
Athelas x2
Scroll of Isildur
Sapling of the White Tree
Seeing Stone of Orthanc
Seeing Stone of Minas Anor

The Saga of Elendil x2
First Level x2
Stone Tower x2
Great Gate x2
Dagger Strike x4

This is the first time I’ve built a all elven deck, and the first gondor deck I’ve built since Ring Bound Rangers were big... also, I’m wanting to make the gandy deck with gandalf as the RB. I need to get him first. also, no sure about starting fellowship either. thanks for any help.
Chang
MSN: ensigndan@hotmail.com

I'm a Pirate...I sail the seas of Music...
Hazael
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:45 am
Why Treebeard, Keeper of the Watchwood? It doesn’t work so well when you don’t have any conditions. Why not Treebeard, enraged shepherd. That way you can double move without worry of the swarm because you can kill the minions instead of just wounding them once.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
Chang
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:56 am
Hazael wrote:
Why Treebeard, Keeper of the Watchwood? It doesn’t work so well when you don’t have any conditions. Why not Treebeard, enraged shepherd. That way you can double move without worry of the swarm because you can kill the minions instead of just wounding them once.

I don’t own any hunters...probably won’t
Chang
MSN: ensigndan@hotmail.com

I'm a Pirate...I sail the seas of Music...
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 7:46 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
why boromirs guantletsd you can’t cancel skirmishes of the ring bearer and it shouldn’t eb needed

I would replace your fortifications with events.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Tue Jun 20, 2006 9:05 am
Chang, here are my edits for the Gondor deck as I’m pretty familiar with this style. I’ve built it a time or two and it is fun, but not as solid as you might think. Is this Movie Block or Expanded format? That will make a difference on a couple of the edits that I will suggest.
Chang wrote:

Gondor Men

Boromir, Bearer of Council

Elendil, The Tall
Anarion, Lord of Anorien
Denethor, Wizened Steward <drop>
Faramir, Captain of Gondor (Starting)

Narsil, Blade of the Faithful
Blade of Gondor
Faramir’s Bow
Flaming Brand
Knight’s Spear x3 <drop 1>
Boromir’s Gauntlets <drop>
Athelas x2 <drop>
Scroll of Isildur
Sapling of the White Tree
Seeing Stone of Orthanc <drop>
Seeing Stone of Minas Anor <drop>

The Saga of Elendil x2 <drop 1>
First Level x2 <drop>
Stone Tower x2 <drop>
Great Gate x2 <drop>
Dagger Strike x4 <drop 2>

Add
Denethor, Lord of Minas Tirith (Starting)

2x Sapling of the White Tree
Ring of Barahir
Anduril, Flame of the West

2x Noble Leaders
Hard Choice
I will Go
Citadel of the stars
4x Swordarm of the White Tower

Changes for Expanded/Open:
Aragorn Strider (Starting)
Houses of Healing

Changes for Movie Block:
Aragorn, Heir of Elendil
Banner of Westernesse

Logic behind the changes:
If this is open, Aragorn Strider is the best companion to add to your starting fellowship. Yes he adds one extra twilight on the move, but he is an 8 strength companion who can stick around a while, use his ring and sword and has for vitality and is FREE when you play Faramir as your first starting companion.

If it is Movie Block, playing with Aragorn Heir of Elendil will allow you to use the Swordarm of the white towers a lot more effectively as when you play them on him, you will always get the +4. That makes Aragorn a 14 if he has Anduril, Flame of the West

This version of Denethor allows for a little bit of free people’s filtering allowing the shadow to come together faster. It also allows you to get a couple of key combinations early on such as Elendil, the tall and Narsil, Blade of the Faithful or Anarion, lord of anorien and I will go. If you have Aragorn out at site 3, one of the cards you should get with Denethor’s ability is Hard choice as this will effectively allow you to get 4 cards at site 3.

The extra saplings help with your Artifact count for Narsil and they also serve as wound prevention which can be key. Anduril is in because you are now playing with Aragorn and can make him a beast. Ring of Barahir helps with healing (if you can get your noble leaders or houses of healing in Open) and the artifact count.

You had the perfect core for a Noble Leaders deck, so it is a shame not to put them in, plus they give Strength +1 and Damage +1.

I Will Go is there for Anarion who can then become defender +1 and use Swordarm of the White Tower efficiently. I dropped two Dagger Strike because you need to have a hand weapon in order to use them and they can just clog your hand if you aren’t drawing your weapons.

I dropped all of the fortifications because they are a bit costly to use and they don’t provide much benefit aside from making great gate work. I added Citadel of the Stars because of its versatility, especially with Faramir’s Bow.

Athelas was dropped and replaced with Houses of Healing for Expanded/Open since it is much more versatile healing especially with the Ring of Barahir. I suggest the Banner of westernesse for healing in Movie block although you could put in an athelas and have one condition remover since you have weapons for everyone.

If you have any questions, let me know!
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:22 am
r u tryin to pick which fellowship to run? cause if you are you should go with the gandy fellowhsip. its much better than the other two in my opinion

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded