LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Pipeweed
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:01 pm
Hey guys. I built a Ninja Gollum deck a while ago, and have not been using it for a while, playing with a newer Ninja Gollum deck instead, but I want to touch up the old one and I need some suggestions. FYI, I play in Expanded format only.

Gollum, Dark as Darkness x2
Gollum, Mad Thing
Gollum Stinker
Slippery As Fishes x3
Shelob, Her Ladyship x4
Web x4
Promise Keeping x3
Captured By The Ring x3
Hobbitses Are Dead x3
Let Her Deal With Them
Sweeter Meats x4
We Must Have It x3
Master Broke His Promise
They Stole It x4

So, feel free to offer any suggestions you have.

Cheers
Last edited by Pipeweed on Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:07 pm; edited 1 time in totalPipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
Aragorn_Ellessar
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:11 pm
It looks good! I had to explain it to my brother for him to understand why you only have eight minions.
One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them
One thing to bring them all
And In the darkness bind them
bibfortuna25
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:59 pm
It looks okay. I would remove Master Broke His Promise, Sweeter Meats and maybe Hobbitses Are Dead.

Instead of those, I would add some good wounding cards like Desert Lord, the new Mumak Commander from Hunters and Black Gate Sentry. Also, Fat One Wants It can help keep the threats rolling in.
All cards do what they say.
Pipeweed
Posted: Wed Jun 21, 2006 8:14 pm
Good cards there, bibfortuna25. I might also throw in a couple of So Polite to get enough twilight to pay for Black Gate Sentry and the new mumak commander.
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!

Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:37 am
Bib’s suggestions are good. If you are playing in expanded, you might also want to look at finding a spot for an Ulaire Enquea Lieutenant of Morgul as your anti-large fellowship is kind of weak.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
Sup3rZ3ro
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:41 am
I know you play in expanded format but what really interests me is how to update this deck to post-hunters standard format.

I am currently building a Ninja Gollum deck myself but I can’t come to terms with whether I should stick with the old They Stole It/Promise Keeping comboor not .

The most obvious would be to replace They Stole It with Not this Time and then add cards able to add threats. Also Chasm’s Edge look interesting especially against ringbound hobbits.
Pipeweed
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:14 am
Well, the They stole it and promise keeping combo is tried and true, so I’ll probably use that in there somehow, but I just want to wound and exert like crazy.

hblika
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:35 am
Allthough effective, the Promise Keeping / They Stole It combo requires you to ditch a lot of cards to kill off a healthy companion, which in turns almost guarantees you’ll be discarding a lot of cards that would help either side of your deck. Myself, I’m going the Not This Time! route, abusing threats to wound companions instead. Threats easily aquired with cards like Fat One Wants It, Captured by the Ring and Plotting.

Little Snuffler is also a good choice for such a shadow side too. A couple of carefully played Little Snufflers, can really mess up an Ithilien Blade deck!! Use Shelob’s text to make sure Eowyn cannot skirmish, use Little Snuffler to prevent the IB bearers from discarding your minions, let Shelob soak up archery wounds, and then let the fun begin Smile Of course, there’s always directed wounding/exerting to rpevent you from having a ball, but unfortunately you can’t win them all Razz
Last edited by hblika on Thu Jun 22, 2006 11:04 am; edited 2 times in totalI'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
Pipeweed
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:36 am
Could you please post a decklist for me to see hblika? Thanks for your tips.

hblika
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:56 am
I haven’t really finished designing this new Ninja Gollum build, but here is my draft so far:

4x 10R23 Shelob, Her Ladyship
1x 7R58 Gollum, Plotting Deceiver
1x 10R21 Gollum, Mad Thing
1x 15R43 Gollum, Hopeless
2x 8C30 Web
4x 7C53 Captured by the Ring
3x 13U52 Little Snuffler
3x 15U51 Sudden Strike
2x 15R53 Unseen Foe
2x 7R67 Plotting
3x 8R24 Promise Keeping
3x 15R47 Not This Time!
2x 7R57 Fat One Wants It
2x 11R44 Incited

As with all Ninja Gollum builds, this is a pretty rare intensive deck, but since you already have most of the rares from your previous build, it shouldn’t be much of a problem.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded