LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Pipeweed
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:23 pm
Hmm. That looks pretty nice. I might look into something like that.
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:43 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Keep in mind that Unseen Foe and Web conflict. Do you want to keep the minions for later or discard them for wounds? Unseen Foe can wipe out a fellowship. Take out Web and put in Horribly Strong, I’d recommend.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
hblika
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:20 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Keep in mind that Unseen Foe and Web conflict. Do you want to keep the minions for later or discard them for wounds? Unseen Foe can wipe out a fellowship. Take out Web and put in Horribly Strong, I’d recommend.

Yeah, I know. But I’m only packing 2 copies of Unseen Foe just in case. I’d like to keep the Webs there, cause minion recursion is always a good thing Smile
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 12:01 pm
ooohhh, terrible memories of having to face ninja gollum decks haunt me still! theyre unbeatable!!
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:49 pm
They are very beatable. You just need to run one card in your deck: Clever Hobbits and hope you draw it at the right time. It seems a pretty good silver bullet for Ninja Gollum decks.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:02 pm
very true, but i didn’t have any of those, and when i did get one, i could never pull it at the right time so i just had to suck it up and let my durin fight off what he could (they never killed him tho) they won by corruption Gimli just doesn’t have enough resistance, even with his battle ax and ring of fury Crying or Very sad
Pipeweed
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:12 pm
Okay, here is a newer version that I created with help from hblika’s example deck:

Shadow (34)
2 Gollum, Dark as Darkness
1 Gollum, Hopeless
2 Fat One Wants It
3 Not This Time!
3 Promise Keeping
4 Captured By The Ring
2 Plotting
3 Shelob, Her Ladyship
1 Web
3 Little Snuffler
2 Unseen Foe
2 Incited
2 Horribly Strong
2 Treacherous Little Toad
2 Black Gate Sentry

It’s a simple concept, but should be pretty devastating. Gollum, DaD is great, with Gollum, Hopeless to back him up. A key site in this one would be Dammed Gate Stream, to pull Fat One Wants It, Captured By The Ring, and Web into hand. The Web is there for emergencies, when minion recursion is necessary, but if it is not, then I discard Gollum or Shelob with Unseen Foe. Little Snuffler is a good universal card., Treacherous Little Toad can play on any companion, including the ringbearer to end the game quickly if the opponent cannot discard it from play, and I replaced They stole it with not this time! for more threats. Everything else is to help with threats and wounding.

Please tell me what you think.

Cheers,
PW

CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:26 pm
That’s a nice deck...you should take out one DaD and put in a Gollum, Mad Thing. Who knows?...you might need that strength bonus.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Pipeweed
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:32 pm
Yeah, that might be a good thing to do. And with the Web, I don’t have to risk ever losing my DaD.

I’d also like to throw a couple Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul in there since it is an Expanded deck, but I’m having trouble deciding how to add them. Should I just throw them in and make it a 36 card shadow side, or should I replace a couple cards? Which cards?

CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:49 pm
Remember, you don’t have to worry about Gollum being discarded if you have Captured by the Ring.

If you want to throw Ulaire Enquea in there, I’d recommend to take out Web and Treacherous Little Toad. Also, consider taking out Black Gate Sentry and sticking in Sudden Strike. That’s a whopper of a card.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded