LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 4:15 pm
Hey I made a new deck today and it has tested well. Please tell me what you think of it and how I can make it better. The shadow right now is enduring nazgul (with Bent on Discovery for cycling). So here is the decklist, please help.

Starting Fellowship:
Frodo, Protected by Many
The One Ring, Isildur’s Bane
Smeagol, Hurried Guide
Duilin, Ranger From Blackroot Vale
Halbarad, Ranger of the North

Other Companions:
Aragorn, Guide and Protector

Shire Cards:
Sting, Baggins Heirloom x2

Gondor Cards:
Gondorian Blade x3
Seeing Stone of Orthanc
No stranger to the shadows
Dagger Strike x2
Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom x4
We Must Go Warily
Well Traveled x3
Pathfinder x3
Gondor’s Vengeance x3
An Able Guide

Gollum Cards:
Clever Hobbits x2
There’s Another Way x3
One Good Turn Deserves Another
Naked Waste x2
Safe Passage
Follow Smeagol

Site Path:
The Prancing Pony
Crossroads of the Fallen Kings
Dammed Gate-Stream
Caras Galadhon
Expanding Marshland
Shores of Nen Hithoel
The Angle
East Road
Woody-End

Some Strategy Notes for the Fellowship:
1) Bid to go first and put out Prancing Pony. If you get a good hand, the first turn might go something like this: move to site 2. During regroup, use Pathfinder to put out Woody-End. and move again. During that regroup, play Well-Traveled to put out East Road and the Angle for the next two sites. Then discard a There’s Another Way from support to replace with Dammed Gate-Stream. During the next fellowhsip phase, play Safe Passage with Dammed Gate-Stream and take an easy double-move.
2)You can play Clever hobbits and discard There’s Another Way and/or follow smeagol, or Safe Passage if you are at site nine. Then you can remove them to play Naked Waste from discard.
3)You may notice there are no Shire events. There are exactly five companions (all out at site 1). which doesn’t help much against swarms, but... anyway, naked waste and dagger strike can be used for frodo.
4) I can add 5 threats with Seeing Stone of Orthanc to draw cards or remove twilight.
5)Smeagol’s special ability and Halbarad’s game text can help cycle through unneeded cards.
6)The gondorian blades give damage bonuses, same for dagger strike, Gondor’s Vengeance can discard some minions, and Aragorn’s game text can kill, too.

The rest is pretty self-explainitory. So feel free to post suggestions, comments, and critisisms! Thanks!

Happy Hunting

Elf Lvr
Last edited by elf lvr on Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:10 pm; edited 3 times in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:49 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Regarding your first strategy sentence...you bid before you see your hand. So you can’t bid to go first after you see your hand, but before. Still, it’s a good way of getting Aragorn out.

Also, how do you plan on pulling Well-Traveled when you’ve only got one copy?

A small thing: you said "Palantir of Orthanc", but you mean "Seeing Stone of Orthanc"

Take out Heirs of Gondor and Kingsfoil. Heirs of Gondor has no token cards to back it up, so you don’t get that much of a bonus. Kingsfoil is rather redundant with Halbarad; stick in another Gondor card, like Well-Traveled, in there instead.

I love your site path manipulation.

Finally...I think No Stranger to the Shadows is X-listed.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:00 pm
thank you. other than more well-travelled (i already exet a lot) what else should i add in?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:32 pm
well i made some slight edits...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:41 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
There’s no point to having Shores of Nen Hithoel. You don’t use Orc minions in your shadow, and your opponent just might be using them. And if that happens...your regroup move stops.

Do you have any Ithilien Blade? That’s a must. Put Ranger’s Cloak with it, too.

Madril, Defender of Osgiliath is also a must in any ranger deck, especially with Seeing Stone of Orthanc adding threats. With his game text, he’s easy to add into your starting fellowship.

Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow isn’t a bad idea either, if you can spare the space.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Jun 30, 2006 10:48 pm
this deck was made pre-hunters, so i really haven’t thought about all those cards. but awesome ideas, thanks.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
PorterTroll
Posted: Sat Jul 01, 2006 1:01 pm
add another well-traveled or two for drawing chances

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded