LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
50%
  [ 2 ]  50%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

25%
  [ 1 ]  25%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
25%
  [ 1 ]  25%

Total Votes : 4
reggierockz
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:46 pm
Haha yup, they are sweet. Definently my favorite shadow to play. Very effective and totally non-reliant on the site path as well. Just make sure of one thing. DO NOT focus the deck on adding burdens. The two that you add from Small Hope is enough. Anything else will just be a waste, especially against decks with burden removal.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:50 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
So...what about a mirror matchup? How would you beat your own deck?
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
reggierockz
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:57 pm
Elves...lets see. Um Red Wrath anyone? Bye bye Cirdan lol. Bait Cirdan out so they think they’re going to win the skirmish and then pow, Red Wrath him. You might run into some trouble against the two Brothers, but all in all you can prolly out pump them (unless they run as much pumps as my elf deck). Again, Red Wrath is another key card. If you want to know more srategic things about Easterlings let me know and I can post more.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:00 pm
Nice. 5. Good luck!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
reggierockz
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:04 pm
Thanks for the nice review. I’m thinking of posting up another deck tonight, just need to pick one of the many sitting around my card box lol.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:05 pm
Laughing
I’ve got a few ideas floating around right now...I need to finish my Aragorn vs. Mauhúr article series. I posted the first part early in June, and haven’t started Part 2... Embarassed
paippo
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 6:38 am
I love Beasterlings AKA Captain Crunch too and i agree they are pretty effetive in expanded.

You told that they are
Quote:
totally non-reliant on the site path as well.
, however you can help them badly adding those sites:

Courtyard Parapet and Wold Battlefield instead of City of Kings and West Gate of Moria. I would also consider Slag Mounds or Pelennor Flat instead of Mount Doom.

Courtyard Parapet is far better than Easterling Footman. You can use it when you need: early if you don’t draw small hope fast enough, or use it later to add your third burden to duplicate the effect of discovered. That way you can easily replace the footman for a more useful FIERCE easterling, as a 4th Easterling Axeman or an Easterling Pillager (i know people tend to go for a 5-companion fellow in expanded, but he’s pretty Cool against mad gondor 9-companions starting fellowship in expanded... Mr. Green )
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:23 am
The first site path you mentioned...I wouldn’t recommend it. He wants to get rid of twilight after his first move, so that’s why West Gate is in there. Twilight denial helps elves a lot. Then, he wants City of Kings for when he double-moves with Aiglos.

But courtyard parapet is a good site. Sub it in for Mount Doom.
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:51 am
very good, i liked it, a few mistakes here or there but overall it is a good article.
Aragorn_Ellessar
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:55 am
I love your elf deck and your easterlings.

I think your grammar is good, and your easterlings, your easterlings,.... WOW! I like them a lot!
One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them
One thing to bring them all
And In the darkness bind them

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest