LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
10%
  [ 1 ]  10%

60%
  [ 6 ]  60%

30%
  [ 3 ]  30%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 10
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 1:00 pm
orian wrote:
if you don’t plan to detail corsairs, don’t call it a guide to corsairs
call it "how to build your first corsair deck" for example Cool

Here, I agree with orian. It was a good article, though; I liked how you compared the deck against several FP decks. Try taking out 1x Raider Halberd and putting in an extra Fierce In Despair. I give it a 4, but barely.
I had to put something here.
Aragorn_Ellessar
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:44 pm
I don’t normally understand corsairs. If I feel like building a corsair deck anytime soon, I’ll copy this onto my computer. Corsairs are a hard deck to use, IMHO.
One Ring to rule them all
One Ring to find them
One thing to bring them all
And In the darkness bind them
AdultLink
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 4:53 pm
I find Corsair’s extremely boring by themselves, because there is basically very few cards to build a deck with them, and therefore almost all corsair decks are carbon copies... imo
Haves/Wants
orian
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:11 pm
I think I misjudged the depth of your reflexion about corsairs

nevertheless my advices are based on the corsairs deck that made top8 in major events for 2 years and you can see that almost none play boatswan, none play ruffian, all run 4 plunderers 4marauders and 4 WTSS (and generally more than 1 Fierce in despair)
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:58 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
orian wrote:
if you don’t plan to detail corsairs, don’t call it a guide to corsairs
call it "how to build your first corsair deck" for example Cool

my thoughts excatly I think therer were other things you could have done as well. if it was corsair 101 why not explain all the corsairs?

also fierce in decpair could be a beast so I would have mroe then one.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:07 pm
sickofpalantirs wrote:
also fierce in decpair could be a beast so I would have mroe then one.

I agree.
Last edited by Anonymous Prodigy on Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:44 am; edited 1 time in totalI had to put something here.
reggierockz
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 3:33 am
Guys, there is NO REASON to play more than one Fierce in Dispair. You can get it back with Ships of Great Draught. The only reason I could even possibly see running more than one copy is for better drawing consistancy (but even that’s pushing it, seeing how it will take you a bit to set up for it). And with all the cycling going on, you shouldn’t have much trouble getting it.
"They have a cave troll."
orian
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 4:45 am
just to say that I recently saw a deck that to me is simply killer, it relies on fierce in despair x4 + tons of tokens and WTSS to keep marauders alive.

marauders + quelled discarding your opponents way of killing you

I had like 2 companions discarded each turn. That was simply crazY. I wonder if this deck could be the future of corsais Smile
reggierockz
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:59 am
hahaah thats cool. now that sounds interesting. im gunna see what i can come up with and post a decklist.
"They have a cave troll."
orian
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:02 am
reggierockz wrote:
Guys, there is NO REASON to play more than one Fierce in Dispair. You can get it back with Ships of Great Draught. The only reason I could even possibly see running more than one copy is for better drawing consistancy (but even that’s pushing it, seeing how it will take you a bit to set up for it). And with all the cycling going on, you shouldn’t have much trouble getting it.

2 are needed to draw one early when your opponents play his companions but has not played dmg+X cards yet

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest