LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 10:01 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
Hmm...the main reason why I want the javelins in there is for archery. However, Dernhelm’s Blade is a great one-time wound-getter.

Fair enough. DH’s blade is just an amazing card with LoI.
Quote:
As for Brego...I really want that Defender +1, because it means more wounds on minions for Eowyn to use. The more wounds on minions that she’s skirmishing, the better! Very Happy

True, but you have no plains sites in your deck...
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 1:16 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Yah, erm...I kind of forgot about those. Embarassed
I was working with a tentacle/gollum/Sauron wraith deck, but that just flopped.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:47 pm
I came up with a great combo for one of my decks. it goes somethin like this:

You have Eowyn, restless maiden and merry, swordthain. Keep dernhelm’s blade in your hand and give eowyn a mount. have hobbit sword on frodo, and a hobbit swordplay. Daddy twofoot, home and hearth, and the shire countryside is in your support area. Maneuver: use swordplay. skirmish: assign to eowyn and exert minion with the mount. use eowyn to discard her sword (and the mount if you need strength) and return merry to play them again. wounds the minion. this kills a three vitality minion every turn. and on your next turn, use daddy to pull back swordplay. every turn after, add a burden to transfer, and return merry. the next fellowship phase, you play merry, removes a burden with HaH, and heals frodo with the shire countryside. repeat for wounds every turn.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Pipeweed
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:48 pm
Only problem: The shire countryside is on the X-list Sad
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 2:51 pm
well i’m like gagnut. i just put in whatever... but yah for tourney play that wouldn’t work...
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:55 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I’ve been using a modified version of this, without Eowyn and with more Elven cards. It seems to be working quite well. I think I can probably take out Focus, because Legolas doesn’t have any real chance at winning skirmishes without strength boosts.

However, I suppose he could have a chance to win skirmishes if I put Eowyn back in. Then, all I’d have to do is assign him to an exhausted minion, and then use Eowyn. Minion dead = skirmish won! Very Happy Heal!

I also think that I could take out A Grey Ship, because-whatever its potential for healing-it just gets in the way, and isn’t used much. I might just use it to consolidate on some of the possessions.

My modified version, though, has only 32 cards, which really helps with draw chances. It was able to crank out 4 archery, 5 archery, plus some extra wounds. In fact, the way it was set up (and I was planning on a double-move) would have gotten me at least 13 archery wounds, if I had wanted them! I had Legolas, Aragorn w/ bow, Gimli w/ Axe, plus 1x Elven Marksmanship and 2x Gondor Bowmen out on the table, as well as one Forth the Three Hunters! Nice stuff!
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded