LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Which is the best way to pull Aragorn from your deck?

The Prancing Pony  
100%
  [ 4 ]  100%

East Wall of Rohan  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 4
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:38 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
This seemed like an interesting thing to think about...
You’ve got two sites: The Prancing Pony and East Wall of Rohan. In Three Hunters decks, you usually start Gimli and Legolas, and then play Aragorn. The thing is, the latest Hunter Aragorn is a ranger. So, would you exert Legolas and Gimli to bring him out, or add a burden to bring him out? Why?
(Please post with your vote)
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Pipeweed
Posted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:42 pm
IMO, it really depends on your deck. If your deck heals like mad, then the choice is obvious, as it is if you deck just removes burdens all the time. There really is no right or wrong answer. It all depends on what you are playing with
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:36 am
Good answer, Pipeweed!
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:11 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Pipeweed wrote:
IMO, it really depends on your deck. If your deck heals like mad, then the choice is obvious, as it is if you deck just removes burdens all the time. There really is no right or wrong answer. It all depends on what you are playing with

i have to agree with pipeweed here.
personally i owuld rather use prancing pony.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:53 am
I agree with everything pipeweed said, but I would also add that it will very much depend on your meta as well. If you are playing in a meta with lots of cheap Damage +1 minions, you might want to play with the Pony as opposed to the wall just so you don’t get into a situation where you could lose one or two of the three hunters early on with the twilight you are adding to the pool. If you play aragorn from your deck, there is a minimum of 11 twilight in the pool if your opponent plays a 3 site which can translate to two fairly large damage +1 minions.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:18 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Merrick_Hale wrote:
I agree with everything pipeweed said, but I would also add that it will very much depend on your meta as well. If you are playing in a meta with lots of cheap Damage +1 minions,

that is my meta and why i use PP
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:22 pm
I would go with The Prancing Pony; but as Pipeweed said, it all depends on your deck.
I had to put something here.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:53 pm
It also depends on your deck. If you have more rangers in your deck, you should use The Prancing Pony in case you draw Aragorn, so that you can play another ranger as well. If your deck has a lot of hunters, use the other site.
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
PorterTroll
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 7:57 pm
the best way is the prancing pony, hands down, case closed!
Pipeweed
Posted: Thu Jun 29, 2006 8:01 pm
Yeah, and then what if your opponent is playing massive Nazgul corruption with between nazgul and prey and ulaire enquea, thrall of the one? That single burden may cost you the game. Remember also, wound tokens get removed at sanctuaries, burdens don’t. Once again, it really is a tossup
Pipeweed's Haves/Wants: 100 NEW RARES!!
How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love The Cycle Engine
Joe Meets God: A Humorous Article on a Budget

GP http://fxhome.com/userref.php/11923 GP

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion