LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:22 pm
Let me just check to make sure i got this right, i dont wanna get to GenCon and look like a fool.

So lets say i have preparations in play, on it i have 2 slaked thirsts and an unheard of stacked. My gloin is skirmishing an exhausted desert lord and two goblin runners for a combined total of 3 vitality. My question is, could i discard preparations to wound them each once therefore killing all of them, or would i only be able to wound one of them three times?
elf lvr
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:24 pm
i think you would only be able to wound ONE minion with preparations.

im not totally sure about that though.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:30 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yep, I believe elf lvr is quite correct on this one. As far as I can see, even if they’re all skirmishing Gloin, Preparations clearly states that you can wound a minion skirmishing a Dwarf, different from, for example, Power According to his Stature, that clearly states that you can wound each minion skirmishing the companion.
I don't like YOU.
PorterTroll
Posted: Fri Aug 04, 2006 11:33 pm
darn! oh well, still a great card! Very Happy
bibfortuna25
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:24 am
Elf lvr is quite wrong.

You can place the wounds on minions in any combination you wish. Check the "for each" rules.
All cards do what they say.
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 3:44 am
It does say "wound a minion." Therefore you take the action, then reconcile that action. Then take another action for each card stacked on there. So, you would individually "wound a minion" for each card stacked on that condition.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:21 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
oh my oh my ohmy I am so pumped
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:22 am
Bib is correct.

Preparations rocks! Twisted Evil
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
hblika
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:12 am
Read the card text once more guys. The card clearly states you can wound a minion skirmishing a dwarf, so the only time you get to wound more than 1 minion, is if that Dwarf is assigned to more than 1 minion.

Remember that a character isn’t skirmishing until that characters skirmish phase is the active one.
I'm not stupid. I'm just unlucky when I'm thinking.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Aug 05, 2006 8:20 am
ahh. my bad. i humbly apologize for my incompetence.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions