LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
AdultLink
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 9:37 am
I was just wondering... Has anyone here ever played LOTR TCG at Gen Con Indy? If you have, or you will, or you have any information regarding it, please post here. I’d like to hear about it.
Haves/Wants
elf lvr
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:08 pm
I want to know more about it! I have never been there and I so want to! So please someone post!
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
AdultLink
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:16 pm
Someone has got to have gone. Tell us about it!
Haves/Wants
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:39 pm
I believe Merrick has...
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:34 am
I have been to GenCon Indy twice, both times as a volunteer for Decipher, so I was running the games rather than playing them and doing demos at the Decipher booth. This year it doesn’t look like Decipher will have a booth at GenCon, but they will be running some tournaments including the Lord of the Rings and Star Trek Worlds.

I did post about GenCon earlier and you can read some of my comments here.

Here are the descriptions of the games that Decipher will be running at Gencon:

There will be two Day 1 Heats for the Lord of the Rings qualifiers. If you don’t already have a day 2 bye for the world Championship, you need to play in one of these two events to qualify:

Thursday August 10, 2006
Lord of the Rings TCG Worlds Day 1

Starts: 11:00 AM
Cost: $7.50
Duration: 10
If you haven’t qualified for Lord of the Rings TCG 2006 World Championship, this is the event for you. Standard Constructed format. Bring your best deck and compete against the best in the world.

Lord of the Rings TCG Worlds Day 1-Sealed
Starts: 1:00 PM
Cost: $18.00
Duration: 7
If you haven’t qualified for Lord of the Rings TCG 2006 World Championship, this is the event for you. Sealed format.

Lord of the Rings TCG Race to Mount Doom
Starts: 2:00 PM
Cost: $3.00
Duration: 4
Compete against other league participants as you progress down the path to Mount Doom. This is a casual tournament for players looking to have a casual Lord of the Rings TCG experience.

Friday August 11, 2006
Lord of the Rings TCG Worlds Day 2 Standard

Cost: $7.50
Duration: 10
You are one step closer to being the 2006 Lord of the Rings TCG World Championship. Is your deck strong enough to come out on top? You must be prequalified to play in this event.

Lord of the Rings TCG Highlander
Duration: 4
What will you do with just one copy of Aragorn’s Bow in your deck? This unique Lord of the Rings Constructed format tests your deckbuilding skills. Your deck may not contain more than 1 copy of each card.

Lord of the Rings TCG Race to Mount Doom
Starts: 4:00 PM
Cost: $4.50
Duration: 5
Compete against other league participants as you progress down the path to Mount Doom. This is a casual tournament for players looking to have a casual Lord of the Rings TCG experience.

Saturday August 12, 2006
Lord of the Rings TCG Worlds Day 3 Standard

Cost: $9.00
Duration: 12
You are one step closer to being the 2006 Lord of the Rings TCG World Championship. It is time to bring your best game, you will be playing against the best in the world, are you ready? You must be prequalified to play in this event.

Lord of the Rings TCG Arwen Championship
Starts: 2:00 PM
Do you have what it takes to compete against the best females in the world? You better have, or else they will teach you a lesson or two. Sorry boys, girls only allowed at this event.

Lord of the Rings TCG Junior Championship
Don’t think that just because the kid is short that he doesn’t have the skills to corrupt your Frodo. This event is for players under the age of 18.

Lord of the Rings TCG Culture Shock
Starts: 4:00 PM
Can you build a deck with just elves? Will it beat your friends all hobbit deck? Now you can test it at the tournament level. Each Free Peoples side can be only 1 culture, the same for the Shadow side of your deck.

Sunday August 13, 2006
Lord of the Rings TCG Team Tournament

Cost: $9.00
You and your buddies can now prove to the world that you truly are the best team in the world.

Overall it is a lot of fun getting to meet people and other players from around the world. It wouldn’t surprise me if there weren’t as many players this year as Decipher’s reputation is somewhat tarnished, but the game is still fun. If you are not looking for highly competitive game play, I strongly recommend playing in the Race to Mount Doom, Highlander and Culture Shock tournaments. The Race is just fun as each game you and your opponent each get a rule that modifies the gameplay much like in the Race to Mount Doom League kit. Some of the rules can help you or hurt you and it makes for some rather interesting games. On Thursday, some of the better players who have day 2 byes will play and it is great to talk with them and meet them.

My advice is, pick a couple of games that you want to play and buy generic tickets to cover them (generic tickets cost $1.50 a piece) that way you aren’t locked into a time. I don’t think we have ever had events completely fill up so it is pretty safe. Also make sure you have plenty of time to check out the rest of the con as the exhibit hall is amazing and there is a lot to see and do there. Make sure you visit the Gencon Indy Website for more information about the con. It is a blast and well worth the money and time to go.

And oh, by the way, bring any unwanted copies of Mordor Enraged. I’ll be there in the Tournament Hall all day on Thursday trying to qualify for Day Two. I’ll be sure to have plenty of trade material available and be easily recognizable! (Long ponytail, big grin, Lord of the Rings or DGamer/DAgent shirt and a copy of Mordor Enraged in my name tag). I hope to see some of you there!
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
WitchKingBlkCapt
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 8:44 pm
I am going to GenCon this year and hopefully I will do really well.
"Do not stand between a nazgul and his prey."
MySpace
PorterTroll
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 6:12 pm
you’ll need extra money, trust me.
maxidoodle
Posted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 11:58 pm
Oh yes, My friend picked me up a Black Rider box from the con last year for $35. It’ll be even cheaper now (around $15-20, i’d assume). Plus, on Sunday, bargain with the stand guys who are packing up, as they will accept reasonable offers for their merchandise. The less the have to go home with, the better. Wink

And, yes, PorterTroll and I are going to GENCON 06. can’t wait to meet you guys! Very Happy
My deck of doom:
One Combo to Rule them All

maxidoodle's Haves/Wants
PorterTroll
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 12:50 am
prolly wont meet up with you though, and how will we even know if we meet you? well, ill prolly be the only guy there using my deck strategy, so if you play a guy that uses troll swarm, just assume its me.... Very Happy
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 11, 2006 7:30 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Iam not going and i do not really care.

oh well good post merrick
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion