LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
12%
  [ 1 ]  12%

25%
  [ 2 ]  25%

50%
  [ 4 ]  50%

12%
  [ 1 ]  12%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 8
Memnarch Mastermind
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:06 am
--- description ---
Set up a fun and powerful combo using a modified Teysa, Orzhov Scion.
--- end description ---

Mind bend... those who still wonder what to do with it might find this idea some sort of... funny. See for yourself! And don’t worry... it is quite a short article, so take a look for yourselves.

1.Introduction

Okay, let’s get something straight... this deck works around teysa, so let’s see what it is all about! It is not really fit for tournaments, but it delivers very much fun in casual. Since everyone is building strange decks, I thought I can biuld one, too. this deck was developed within 5 minutes, but it makes much more fun to play. It is just nasty!

2. decklist

Creatures = 16 crads

4x Teysa, orzhov scion
4x Order of the stars
4x Martyred rusalka
4x Mourning thrull

Instant/ sorcery = 24

4x Mind bend
4x swirl the mists(enchantment!) Exclamation
4x devouring light
4x condemn
4x mana leak
4x Remand

Lands = 24

4 x Watery grave
3 x godless shrine
3 x hallowed fountain
5 x plains
5 x swamp
4 x island

Sideboard

4x trial / error
4x leyline of the void
4 x valor made real
3 x shielding plax

2. Explanation

teysa is a wonderful card IMO, and I want to tell this to those who have their doubts about this. Just to tell it right away: This is just an instant deck which I’ve constructed for a friend who hadn’t any deck ready for a match.
But still it is quite efficient, nevertheless it works well and does it’s job.

Teysa, Orzhov scion - Mind bend - Swirl the mists

here we go! that’s the central part of this deck. When you got teysa out, she’ll need a little update about her abilities. that’s why Mind bend is in here. It changes the word black to white, what gives you an incredible mass remover! You see: sacrifice 3 white creatures to remove target creature from the game. Now that you’ve changed the color instance from black to white, you gain a 1/1 white spirit token with flying whenever you sacrifice a creature, so you use teysa’s ability once, and then again, and again and so on.

Order of stars - Martyred rusalka - Mourning thrull

these three buddys will be the first drops you need, and they are fine creatures as well. not as good as many, many other creatures, but they fit fine in here.
They cost 1 to 2 mana, they are white, and the order has even protection from anything you’ll need. okay, a 0/1 creature can get killed faster that you can tell "SXIT!", but what does this really give your opponent? nearly nothing.

condemn - devouring light

Yepp, some folks might find this in their opinion worse than these cards actually are. This deck is some sort of tricky, because you give your opponent the feeling he comes through with his fatties so he can pump them up, but then... SNAP! You got him by tapping your blockers or using condemn to banish these ugly monsters somewhere deep under the opponents library. Good bye!

Sideboard-FX
Valor made real - Trial / error

This is a multicolor block, so when you need counterspells, try error. But a funny cheap trick is Trial in combo with valor made real. Yeah, there are thousands of ways to disrupt that thing, but there is nearly nothing in Magic that can’t be stopped by any reason.
So that you are playing with Teysa, it would be a shame to be not a gentleman, so you kindly give your opponent everything that he used to attack back into his or her hand. No drop of magical blood will fall, no screaming, just a friendly return. Nice, isn’t that?! Wink

Leyline of the void

It is just for removing and make sure that nothing comes back.
Vore knows what it means to have no graveyard, hmm?

Shielding plax

I think this is clear, isn’t it? it protects whatever should be protected. That means Teysa in case of this deck.

3. Summary
Okay, I think I told everything that should be known about this little deck.
If you are bored to play your tournament decks, try this one. It has a touch of counter control and mass removal.
Since it is not a tournament deck, it is absolutely not of interest what can be done against this deck, to tell all these possibilities it could become a long, long loooooong article that isn’t worth the space on CobraCard’s server.

Applause Thank you for reading! Applause

Good luck, and have fun!
KillerKiku
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:14 am
Hey! Wink

I’ve been on vacations, so I see you got a new deck. what happened to your time machine? A, whatever, this deck is much more fun to play, and as grail said before, it is quite creative. I don’t think it will win on a tournament, but it seems to be original fun that magic can give. Try moxes(I got all these nice things... Wink ), they will be good in here.

Fine, fine funny fun deck... I really like it! Applause
KillerKiku
Posted: Sun Jul 02, 2006 11:16 am
Whoops... I will give you my vote anytime soon!
Memnarch Mastermind
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:35 am
Hey, you again?

Thx for the tip with MOX, I’ll try to get some thousand dollars and then I’ll buy them asap.. Wink

No, this deck is just about fun, and it does what it is supposed to be.

Never thought somebody rate it that hot... it is just some fun stuff that’s been created by a lack of deck.

Nonetheless it is a casual deck... I think I can adapt some of the mechanisms for a type2 deck, because Trial / error is great fun in combo with Valor made real.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:38 pm
This does look very fun.... perhaps for some extra consistancy, you could add gifts ungiven and some sort of reanimation? It looks to me like if they kill scion, you’re finished, but if they can’t kill him, you won’t need the kill spells.
Memnarch Mastermind
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:20 am
Yepp, Zur the enchanter(from Coldsnap) might also fit in here... and get me all the shielding plaxes and magemarks I can need.

Reanimation is a good option... I was thinking of Rise / Fall, especially rise. And classics like vigor mortis or zombify might help as well.

Even if they kill Teysa, 3 white creatures + mindbend = mass removal.

DAMN! How could I forget? A fine finisher would be Nantuko husk or fallen angel!!! The Angel is 3/3flying and gets +2/+1 for each creature you sacrifice(as an activated ability). Adios, muchachos!

But this is just a fun deck.
La_Sin_Grail
Posted: Wed Jul 05, 2006 1:49 pm
yeah, that finisher could be nice, it may give it a chance to win even without teysa.
T2_Fr33K
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 12:55 pm
Original, yes. Playable, not quite.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 1:38 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
And why’s that, exactly?
I don't like YOU.
The First
Posted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 2:10 pm
Joined: 07 Oct 2005 Posts: 195 Location: Anderlecht, Belgium
It isn’t playable because you lack win conditions. The Husk would be a fine addition, just like the Ghost-Council.

If Teysa is removed from the game (you don’t have that much protection) it is GG. I also dislike the fact that you can only change Teysa’s color word.

Order of the Stars, the Martyre and the Thrull seem to be a bit useless. I’d prefer the Plagued Rusalka (with the Teysa loop or w/o).

I like the main theme and it is very original but you need to exploit it further. Only Teysa just isn’t enough to justify those 8 color-instance changing cards.

Nightmare of the Void seems to be redundant with Teysa, Devouring Light and Condemn.
Great minds bleed alike.
Do not copy media. Support creativity.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest