LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
12%
  [ 1 ]  12%

25%
  [ 2 ]  25%

50%
  [ 4 ]  50%

12%
  [ 1 ]  12%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 8
ure_d_best
Posted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 11:33 pm
All I see in the deck is a cute combo, and yes it is cute but not competitive and will not see this in tournament play. Also, the article itself needs improvement, it is always good to see match up analysis for such deck.

With combo decks like this one, you definitely need some tutor cards to get the combo out, especially not seeing any other good win conditions in here. You get extracted ones and it is over for you. Add balance to the deck to make it competitive, I mean balance by adding other win conditions and card advantage (remember you are running blue and black here) to dig further in your deck.
Cobra
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 6:39 pm
Nice article!

Others have covered things pretty thoroughly I think. I would just add that the whole issue of competitive vs. fun raises a good point -- that this article seems stuck halfway in between. Rolling Eyes I usually suggest picking one or the other to emphasize, and then really bringing that out in the article. For the competitive route, matchups are the way to go. For the fun route, give us some good stories. Very Happy
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:05 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Stories... Now, I had never thought about doing this in fun decks! Very good idea!!!
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest