LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
orian
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:20 am
well, I’m currently trying to make a post-hunter merry’s sword deck.
I have tested this version and I am pretty happy about it.

My current problem is to set up as fast as possible while keeping the different ways the deck works, at the moment I’m playing 38 cards and I think it would help me much to decrease this number to 33 at most, in order to get every permanent card played as soon as possible (especially to draw full company early, and have Bombadil and aragorn’s bow as soon as possible):

the free people side is divided into 3 parts, that want to be as synergetic and covers as many situations as possible:

Frodo, Weary from the Journey
The one ring, the ring of rings

shire part (14):
Merry, swordthain (starting)
Merry’s sword x3
Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor
The Gaffer, Master Gardener
Community living
Second breakfast x2
Nine-fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom x2
Tom Bombadil, the master x2
Shadowplay x1

=> use the hobbit side to manage burdens/threats efficiently considering what your opponent is playing. I had started playing no visitors but then realized I was almost never using it.
Gaffer is here for merry of course, but can also help healing frodo. Bombadil is a key character if played early because he will insure Merry’s surviving in the first sites, and allow me to bid 1 to go first and fetch Aragorn: 2 burdens that can be removed afterwards.
If played later, he can remove threats or burdens, and moreover he can play nine-fingered Frodo and the ring of doom with his additionnal life points.

Rohan part (18 ):
Eomer, Horsemaster (starting) => strong, cycling ability
Aldred, Eored Soldier (starting) => one to kill if too many threats, also gives the opportunity to start with 2 rohan men
Haethen, Veteran Fighter
Gamling, The Old
Eowyn, lady of Ithilien
Eomer’s Spear, Trusty Weapon
Riddermark Javelin x3
Eowyn’s sword, Dernhelm’s blade
Last Days of My House x3
Our inspiration x4 => fetch javelin, kingsfoil, or merry’s sword - aragorn’s bow - eomer’s spear if they have been discarded
Sword-rack => not really sure about that one. Only condition of the deck, should get discarded almost any time and I don’t like to pay for my weapons :-p

Gondor side (6):
Aragorn, thorongil
Derufin => against corsairs, but also can be useful to discard eowyn’s sword and play it again afterwards Applause
Aragorn’s Bow, Ranger’s Longbow x2
Kingsfoil x2

----

all in all, this deck is completely nerdy to play against, my biggest problem being forest/threat nazguls and besiegers. Nevertheless, I strongly think that the main problem is how fast I draw my main cards!

---

To pair this free peoples side, I chose a fast cycling fellowship: corsairs. I use them to stop my opponent as much as possible, in order to secure my run at the end, which explains some of the minions choice (brute, commander, ugluk, sauron) - ferny is here for wold battlefield,as usual ^^

4x black sails of umbar
2x ships of great draught
3x corsair war galley
4x castamir of umbar
2x Black Numenorean
1x corsair brute
4x corsair marauder
4x corsair plunderer
3x fierce in despair
2x wind that sped ships
2x Quelled
2x red wrath
1x Sauron, dark lord of Mordor
1x Ugluk, ugly fellow
1x Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings
1x Bill ferny, agent of Saruman
1x southron leader

---

the sites are:

anduin banks for 0
cavern entrance for 1
neekerbreeker’s bog for 1
city gates for 1
wold battlefield for 2
caras galadhon for 2
The prancing pony for 3
Valley of the Silverlode for 3
Harrowdale or Trollshaw forest for 3

---

this deck is to be run in major tournaments so I’m looking forward to win against:
- nazgul forest/threats
- orc burdens
- corsairs
- bill ferny

if you have played this kind of deck, can help me reduce the size or increase this efficiency with any card, I missed... my best thanks Wink
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
TheShyzle
Posted: Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:23 pm
Hey sorry for such a late reply to this deck but I just seen it. So here are my suggestions. I would say to drop the following and I will try to say why:

Daddy Twofoot, Next-door Neighbor I think I would lose this guy since you arent using no visitors and I wouldn’t think you would want to use second breakfast that many times esp with aragorns bow.

Community living I would drop this since it doesn’t look like you are depending on the followers for much here
Second breakfast x2
Nine-fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom x2
Tom Bombadil, the master x2
Shadowplay x1 This one I would either focus more on the shadowplay or just lose it.

Haethen, Veteran Fighter

Gamling, The Old

Eowyn, lady of Ithilien

Eomer’s Spear, Trusty Weapon

Riddermark Javelin x3

Eowyn’s sword, Dernhelm’s blade

Last Days of My House x3 maybe go down to 2 here but it does help with your set up so I am a little unsure here.

Our inspiration x4 Drop 1 I am just thinking it would kind of stink to get 2 of these early and the only use they are is to toss them to Eomer’s text.

Sword-rack You yourself are unsure of this one so ditch it.

Kingsfoil x2 You could easily lose one or both of these. But they do help with the healing of Merry but you can always just throw him back in your hand when you pull a second sword or you can just fetch it back with Our Inspiration.

I won’t comment on the shadow side since I think you could easilly slim that down and I don’t think you were asking for help with it.

Hope this helps
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 2:22 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
out of curiosity what is the freeps strategy I get the gist of ti but nto the fine points
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard