LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

42%
  [ 3 ]  42%

28%
  [ 2 ]  28%

14%
  [ 1 ]  14%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 7
PorterTroll
Posted: Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:34 pm
i think you should add another i’d make you squeak for the added twilight bonus, just my opinion tho Very Happy id also add a window of the eye or two, that card has nasty potential when used correctly Very Happy hope this helps a bit!
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:05 am
Eh, I must say. I didn’t learn anything from this. This is really taken from the old well-known strategies of Sauron Orcs.

But, it was well written. A 3 from me.
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Jul 04, 2006 11:38 am
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
Anonymous Prodigy wrote:
Very impressive article, elf lvr! My only complaint is that you claim that the deck is cheap but then do not mention the etsimated price. Otherwise, a solid article! I give it a 4.

yes I have to say this is dissapointing.

it was a fairly good article though.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
bobtheorc
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:49 pm
Joined: 19 Mar 2006 Posts: 1218 Location: Wow, its hot in Iowa
He does have a good point.
Most of the card you mention are from Fellowship or Two Towers.
Also you do not Thin and Stretched or Desperate Defense of the Ring which are both nice cards. Sauron Trolls are also great and so are Beseigers.
Pretty good otherwise.
Exclamation Ban the Overpowered OrcsExclamation
"Don't panic, I have paper!" - Taipan Popcorn
Is that Grima, Grief Counselor? - legolamb
Bobtheorcs Uruk-Hai Dcs
Bob’s wonderful !! updated !! Trade list
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 8:19 pm
this is a sauron wounding shadow. not besiegers or corruption. besides, these cards are usable in expanded, aren’t they? why does everyone always assume i’m playing standard? (besides the obvious that standard is STANDARD). If i include cards from fellowship or towers, it should be pretty obvious i’m playin expanded or open... Rolling Eyes
Last edited by elf lvr on Wed Jul 12, 2006 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in totalHappy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Cobra
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:13 pm
I miss the last two Hates, as well as Orc Bowmen, and those are the sorts of cards that deserve an explanation if you’re going to leave them out. Smile (Did you avoid these for budgeting reasons?)

You might consider adding a bit about the new wounding Orc Orcs from The Hunters, which are basically reprints of some of these minions. No, you probably shouldn’t have them in the deck, but it’s a closely related topic and will satisfy those of us who are looking for newer ideas and/or Standard-format decks. Wink

Good article overall, 4 from me.
Last edited by Cobra on Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:33 pm; edited 2 times in totalhttp://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:18 pm
Thanks, cobra. The main reason i did not add most of those cards was because of pricing reasons. I was trying to make a deck with very few rares. But I couldn’t stand to be without those hate.... However I do realize that such a deck would be better with these other cards. My main inspiration for this article was from a friend’s deck that kept deystroying my fellowships time after time and i couldn’t help thinking how easy that kind of deck was to make. He pretty much threw it together out of common cards he had lying around but now it is one of his fave decks, and i wanted to get that across to the reader. maybe i didn’t do such a great job of it, but that was my focus.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 9:21 pm
oh and i must say congrats to myself on 200 posts.

yes, i agree, congrats too me!

Thanks, you guys! This means so much to me... (sob)

Rolling Eyes
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:20 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I would still like more mention of the budget thing, since it’s billed so heavily in your article title, etc. I’m expecting a lot more than the statement: "The minions alone cost less than four dollars!"
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
elf lvr
Posted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 10:22 pm
okay. yah. that should have been much more thought out and incorporated
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Strategy Article Contest