LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

60%
  [ 3 ]  60%

20%
  [ 1 ]  20%

20%
  [ 1 ]  20%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 5
ure_d_best
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:04 am
I see a lot of selensya beats and it is always aggro. I think the design you have here is just to point out addition cards from cold snap but definitely not as good as other selensya beats. Adding Hibernation’s end does not really improve the deck and slows than your aggro here. Also you are vulnerable with your Jitte when fettered’s as you don’t have any main enchantment removal which is really needed to give you advantage on game 1.

So far it is playable but casually only. I’m not seeing this on tournaments or will not even use this in tournament plays.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 11:58 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I don’t know about that. Hibernation’s End COULDbe reduced by one, since it’s more of a late game card, to compensate for the lack of card-drawing ability. However, Jitte is a great card in ANY aggro deck (heck, even in some control decks), but I don’t see it as a win condition on this one, this deck has raw power, evasion and moldervine cloak, which can get the job done even without Jitte. Also, even Fettered, it prevents an opponent from playing his, which then leaves YOUR Fetters free to get annoying attackers...
Maybe Ghostway could see some play here, to dodge Wrath of God.
I don't like YOU.
Cobra
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:42 pm
Now that we have the full Coldsnap set to work with, would you make any changes?

Personally I like Adarkar Valkyrie a lot better than Hibernation’s End. Very Happy
http://cobracards.com -- Web's best deals on Trading Card Games.
BrianBoitano
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:17 pm
Cobra wrote:

Personally I like Adarkar Valkyrie a lot better than Hibernation’s End. Very Happy

Me too. I’ve never quite liked Hibernation’s End in constructed, unless you have some key cards at 1 and 2cc. Your cards in this slot don’t really make your opponent sweat; at turn 6 they should have out an answer. Especially with your low casting costs, I’d say Congregation at Dawn would be a little faster (if not amazing for card advantage). Chord of Calling might even be better, but it doesn’t keep on giving in the late game.
Thanks for the article!
"Not again" -Hans
Hello kind Sir or Madam, I am a polite sig virus. Please put me into your fine and dandy signature so that I might continue to replicate. Thank you for your time.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:36 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Yeah, Congregation at Dawn may be better. However, LSG wrote this, I believe, more to use the new cards, after all, this came out when all we had were spoilers of, like, 5-6 cards...
I don't like YOU.
r2d2quino
Posted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 11:57 am
Cover of Winter?!? I don’t know, I think it’s not that great. And where is Sheltering Ancient and Artic Nishoba?

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest